How are public events handled in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How are public events handled in this game?

User Info: ClassicAmbiance

ClassicAmbiance
3 months ago#1
I'm assuming it plays a more significant role in this game.

Do you have to wait forever for a certain public even to appear? Do you even need certain events for anything? Is it fun this time?

Stuff like that.

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
3 months ago#2
Had to wait 5 minutes for a drill event. It was swift, took place in multiple locations. Very similar to D1. Got an exotic engram reward at level 5 too.
If you love something, you must let it go, chucking it 50mph into the air. RIP Pikachu.

User Info: Nervani19

Nervani19
3 months ago#3
Probably my favorite thing so far has been tied to this.. Trackers for each public event with timers in the director map.... Awesome
PSN: Nervani
Spend the extra $5 and don't buy used! Support your game developers!!

ClassicAmbiance
3 months ago#4
On that exotic note, it's advised to just open exotic/legendary engrams right when you get them now right?

Can't wait until your light is really high then open them?

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#5
I had one where a Walker was dropped off and there were three domes with Scorch Cannons behind force fields. Each time you knocked down the Walker it dropped three orbs, 2 orbs could be used to remove a force field and get a cannon.

Halfway through the event an Elite Cabal showed up to fight the walkers too, he's an enemy same as them and seems to do kinda piss poor damage so I destroyed him with a scorch cannon.

Then at about 1 minute left right before we destroy the first walker, a second walker drops with full health. We bust that one up too and I got a special Emblem that tracks 'Heroic Events' completed, which apparently are different than regular events because I've done a ton of those and still only have 1 heroic done.

Also yeah, a level 6 dude who was there got an Exotic. I was kinda salty.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
3 months ago#6
You can infuse from the start, so level doesnt matter.
If you love something, you must let it go, chucking it 50mph into the air. RIP Pikachu.

ClassicAmbiance
3 months ago#7
Thanks friendly destiny people.

User Info: Ray5555

Ray5555
3 months ago#8
Open them up when you get them. I got a exotic engram earlier it was listed as 75 power. It turned out to be 80 power starfire protocol
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan
I own all of the exotic weapons in destiny!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. How are public events handled in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived