Final Bets on Leviathan -- it's going to be a HIVE raid.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Final Bets on Leviathan -- it's going to be a HIVE raid.

User Info: Watcher78

Watcher78
3 months ago#11
nickeldreadful posted...
Hunter Sopko posted...
So there was a booklet that came with the Limited Edition with all sorts of fluff for the Cabal. Spoilers: It's essentially all a letter to you from the deposed Emperor of the Cabal asking you to kill Ghaul. He talks about how after being deposed he was exiled to a Leviathan, and it has the picture of it that everyone's seen. He gives you a rundown of the main co-conspirators (including Ghaul and the Consul), and mentions if you manage to kill them all that he "will be waiting for you on his Leviathan, waiting to test you for a place at his side."

That may be true, but the last time we saw servants of someone was Crota. At some point Savathun is showing up I think. Maybe not this raid, but the story is clearly angling for something with her

My money has always been on Mara Sov being Savathun. There was clearly something more going on between her & Eris.
---
I used to be a vault hunter, till I got shot in the face.

User Info: tscookt

tscookt
3 months ago#12
Im quite sure that it is Vex on Nessus, because I found a place inside a spire that is blocked off. Its not part of the inverted spire strike either. It looks like a puzzle section that leads to a boss fight, so my guess is on Vex.

User Info: DepreceV2

DepreceV2
3 months ago#13
Cabal.
GT: Deprece (X1) Hunter 32/ Titan 32/ Warlock 32
IB/ GHorn/ Vex/ Faithbringer/ Thunder/ Etc

User Info: ECH01

ECH01
3 months ago#14
tscookt posted...
Im quite sure that it is Vex on Nessus, because I found a place inside a spire that is blocked off. Its not part of the inverted spire strike either. It looks like a puzzle section that leads to a boss fight, so my guess is on Vex.

That's more likely a future strike or event they're going to put in later. The main reason why I don't think its Vex is the first DLC is supposed to be about Osiris and Mercury, which is tied specifically to the Vex. So whatever we get in the first DLC (Raid, CoE type thing, or whatever) is probably going to be Vex focused.

I think it's got to be Cabal. Hunter's quote about the old Emperor makes a lot of sense to me.

User Info: DogTeeth

DogTeeth
3 months ago#15
Its probably a big ass ship since the cabals descriptions was destroying planets that get in there way in the first game

User Info: xGenocidest

xGenocidest
3 months ago#16
Watcher78 posted...
nickeldreadful posted...
Hunter Sopko posted...
So there was a booklet that came with the Limited Edition with all sorts of fluff for the Cabal. Spoilers: It's essentially all a letter to you from the deposed Emperor of the Cabal asking you to kill Ghaul. He talks about how after being deposed he was exiled to a Leviathan, and it has the picture of it that everyone's seen. He gives you a rundown of the main co-conspirators (including Ghaul and the Consul), and mentions if you manage to kill them all that he "will be waiting for you on his Leviathan, waiting to test you for a place at his side."

That may be true, but the last time we saw servants of someone was Crota. At some point Savathun is showing up I think. Maybe not this raid, but the story is clearly angling for something with her

My money has always been on Mara Sov being Savathun. There was clearly something more going on between her & Eris.

Eh.. Awoken are basically humans. Savathun was from the same race as Oryx, basically Hive that will probably have evolved w/ different looks since she took her group into a black hole to grow stronger.

She'd have to have abandoned all her Hive, change her looks, hide out among the Awoken, trick them into thinking they've known her for a long time and become their Queen, etc.

It'd be a nightmare to work into the story and completely change the Lore.

Eis and Mara were just friends/allies. Eris is most likely Awoken, and along w/ Mara and Osiris they planned for the arrival of Oryx because the Tower/Vanguard didnt believe her/take her seriously.

iirc theres a grimoire card or part of the lore where she tells that guy on Nessus she was leaving the tower to study the ways of defeating the darkness/hive. Which would probably mean dealing w/ the Darkness, further out near the Jovians/the Nine. That kind of stuff usually doesnt fly w/ the Vanguard which is why Osiris was exiled.
-

User Info: tezzilla

tezzilla
3 months ago#17
tscookt posted...

Stumbled to that area myself too it's very interesting
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell

User Info: nickeldreadful

nickeldreadful
3 months ago#18
So I just got around to doing the quests on i.oand whether or not they are setting this up for destiny 3, or maybe even how they introduced the taken king as a big expansion,but Savathun is coming.I dont think they dedicated that entire section to setting that up for nothing. And how fitting to be introduced the same way

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
3 months ago#19
There's zero chance of Leviathan being something other than Cabal. Bungie has said again and again they wanted to do a Cabal raid. And we already know Emperor Calus is with the Leviathan and then there's that "On the Coms" quest involving the red legion that ends with Awaiting the World Eater, and that "Message from the Emperor" Adventure on Nessus where Leviathan is.

All signs point to that.

Looking beyond that, I want another Vex raid (Curse of Osiris?) and a proper Fallen raid without that siva nonsesne from Wrath of the Machine.

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#20
Anyone who thinks they're going to do a third Hive raid before even doing one Cabal raid is insane. Of course the first raid is going to be Cabal.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Final Bets on Leviathan -- it's going to be a HIVE raid.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived