I'm just not feeling this game as much as the first...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I'm just not feeling this game as much as the first...

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 months ago#1
It definitely plays better as a shooter. And the campaign is a great deal better. The campaign is *phenomenal* especially the couple missions bookending the campaign.

But there's a lack of awe in the world, a lack of power from the legendaries and exotics, a lack of customization options (lol shader consumables). Mission replayability is limited and hidden. Strike playlists are super simplified and strikes are longer and less mindless (a negative IMO). The worlds are less exciting...

There are random quality of life improvements. Especially Public Events, which are *WAY* better than they were. But overall the game just feels kind of neutered compared to the first.

Yet - I suspect it's much closer to the intended vision of Destiny. Which is kind of an odd sentiment to feel.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Jambi_Man

Jambi_Man
3 months ago#2
Foxx3k posted...
, a lack of customization options (lol shader consumables)

This makes absolutely no sense.

Lack of customization options? Just because the shaders are consumable?? You get stacks of a certain shader that you can apply to any individual piece of gear.... = MORE OPTIONS.

The shaders drop as rewards constantly. They are all over the place. One thing is for sure, there are way more customization options here than we ever saw in D1.
Spiral out...

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
3 months ago#3
Foxx3k posted...
It definitely plays better as a shooter. And the campaign is a great deal better. The campaign is *phenomenal* especially the couple missions bookending the campaign.

But there's a lack of awe in the world, a lack of power from the legendaries and exotics, .

I don't really get what you mean by a lack of awe. The world is amazing. Yes, the new locations are as well know as venus, mars and the moon, but the levels themselves very cool and more interesting then anything in D1. All the zones are really fun and varied. It would be nice to re

Destiny weapons have been kinda downhill sine year 2 started. As fun as year one was, those weapons were just to good. Theres was no reason to use something else and if you didnt have like the fatebringer/vision, icebreaker/ghally, you were at a big disadvantage. At least in D1 and I'm assuming here theres a lot more viable weapons.

User Info: OhhSnap

OhhSnap
3 months ago#4
lol I feel the same way. Everything isn't all pretty and exotic looking yet, just like vanilla Destiny 1. I'm probably gonna wait for all the raids and expansions to come out until I start Destiny 2, maybe get that instant light level boost too. That's when we started getting like fallen, vex, hive, taken themed gears and all those sparkly shiny glowymods you could put on armors. Right now everything just looks too human ish you know? Gas masks and regular human ish type stuff. Also I find that the D2 exotics I've seen so far haven't been as flashy as the D1 exotics. They better come out with a primary sniper rifle by the time I start D2 lol I'm not happy about sniper rifles being heavy. I enjoyed sniping. Icebreaker was my baby.

User Info: Gragotta

Gragotta
3 months ago#5
Yeah I'm sorry you feel this way TC. I personally am enjoying this waaaay more than D1. I absolutely hated destiny at first and bought it on impulse and had huge buyers remorse but then after a bit I just accepted and actually stuck around for a little bit. I had a lot of fun in crucible but didn't really know what the heck I should be doing after I beat the story which I didn't even like (vanilla version). This time around I'm liking it though and actually have people to play with lol looking forward to what's in store for the future of D2!

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#6
lol TC thinks strikes that require actual thought is a negative...
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 months ago#7
Element_Pearl posted...
lol TC thinks strikes that require actual thought is a negative...

I liked where Strikes ended up in the first game around the TTK era. They were a simple background noise and lasted about ten minutes. I liked that.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I'm just not feeling this game as much as the first...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived