What type of raid player are you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. What type of raid player are you?

User Info: jim2429

jim2429
1 month ago#1
Are you the type who likes to step up for the roles with big responsibility, or are you the one who likes to blend in the background?

I was the best player out of my friends. Always taking the responsibility of the important roles such as sword wielder in Crota. Shield person on atheon etc.

I haven't played since the taken king. I have a much bigger TV now and my accuracy is not on point at all. Not feeling very confident as I once used to.

User Info: BobRoss

BobRoss
1 month ago#2
I take all the big responsibilities period. I'll NEVER, trust anyone with the hardest mechanics.

It pissed me off to no end as a dps main in XIV, that tanks and healers were forced to do all the mechanics on neo exdeath.

User Info: seoulspirit

seoulspirit
1 month ago#3
BobRoss posted...
I take all the big responsibilities period. I'll NEVER, trust anyone with the hardest mechanics.

I was always the runner for TTK's Raid's Oryx part. Was rather easy with Frost-EE5 and Triple Jump. Was pretty stressful though when I first started.
My Destiny 2 Advice/FAQ Thread V1.5
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207763-destiny-2/75766679#6

User Info: kitsinisan

kitsinisan
1 month ago#4
Half and half for me. I was always sword bearer, and liked running the relic, but I could never get the timing of the run down on Oryx. Easiest part of the raid, I know, but I could never seem to get around fast enough. I stepped back in Wrath because I ran with a group who had players better than I am in key spots.
PSN: Kitsunisan
Dragon's Dogma Main pawn: Lynn-level 161 Ranger

User Info: BobRoss

BobRoss
1 month ago#5
seoulspirit posted...
BobRoss posted...

I was always the runner for TTK's Raid's Oryx part. Was rather easy with Frost-EE5 and Triple Jump. Was pretty stressful though when I first started.

Yeah jumping tends to intimidate alot of people. For oryx i was the highest LL and was doing the most damage, so my friend did the jumping instead. I was left slaying Ogres.

User Info: lapot1

lapot1
1 month ago#6
Depends on the raid for me. For crota I would alwayd take sword duty. But Oryx I hated running the platforms.

Overall if I form the group then I'll actively lead the team. Leadership and positive reinforcement is incredibly important even in something as silly as a video game raid. To me, being a leader and voice of reason weighs just as heavily as individual skill in the success of any group effort.

User Info: Red_Armadillo

Red_Armadillo
1 month ago#7
lapot1 posted...
Depends on the raid for me. For crota I would alwayd take sword duty. But Oryx I hated running the platforms.

Overall if I form the group then I'll actively lead the team. Leadership and positive reinforcement is incredibly important even in something as silly as a video game raid. To me, being a leader and voice of reason weighs just as heavily as individual skill in the success of any group effort.

This. If I form the group, I'll lead it. If I join a group, it's whatever. I tend to let the people do what they want unless they start failing. Then I'll ask if I can do it instead.

User Info: Spiritsaiyan101

Spiritsaiyan101
1 month ago#8
I was the do-everything-guy back in the VoG, CE, and KF (to an extent) days. Only ever ran regularly with 2-3 friends so we'd have to use LFG for the other slots. I was the best of my friends, so I was the one to be the relic holder, sword bearer, etc. Had to be to explain mechanics and such to random who didn't know. That started winding down around TTK when we started a clan, and I pretty much stopped by WotM.

I'll probably try to learn to do everything in the Leviathan though.
PSN/XBL: Spiritsaiyan101
Dokkan ID: 2816489404 (GLB)

User Info: iToro86

iToro86
1 month ago#9
The guy with the Gjallarhorn
The feeling is gone, only you and I,
it means nothing to me, oh Vienna.

User Info: tscookt

tscookt
1 month ago#10
Depends on the raid. I wanted to be the shield or relic holder in Vault of Glass, and I wanted to be the platform jumper in the Oryx raid, I was very good at both of those. But for some reason I could not be trusted to reliably make the jump up to Crota for sword holder. I always got stuck on something, (Plus I had gjallahorn so people usually wanted me to dps crota).

I never tried the final D1 raid, so I have no clue about that one
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. What type of raid player are you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived