Fastest way to hit level 20 on 2nd & 3rd characters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Fastest way to hit level 20 on 2nd & 3rd characters

User Info: tscookt

tscookt
1 month ago#1
Just in case anyone is still just trying to hit 20 as quickly as possible on 2nd and 3rd characters, it seems the fastest way is to burn a medallion and grind public events. More often than not, you can find level 20s helping to turn them heroic and you get xp much faster than quest missions.

I have a ghost that once you hit 15 it can be equipped and you get +10% xp for everything as long as youre on Nessus. So that combined with medallions and heroic public events I was getting almost an entire level for one event.

I realize this is common knowledge for many, but there are plenty of new players, so thought I'd share.

User Info: iiiUsername

iiiUsername
1 month ago#2
tscookt posted...
Just in case anyone is still just trying to hit 20 as quickly as possible on 2nd and 3rd characters, it seems the fastest way is to burn a medallion and grind public events. More often than not, you can find level 20s helping to turn them heroic and you get xp much faster than quest missions.

I have a ghost that once you hit 15 it can be equipped and you get +10% xp for everything as long as youre on Nessus. So that combined with medallions and heroic public events I was getting almost an entire level for one event.

I realize this is common knowledge for many, but there are plenty of new players, so thought I'd share.

That works great but the problem is several things are locked behind campaign completion so I've found it better to get s buddy, both pop medallions and then cruise through campaign. Took us just under 4 hours n we came out campaign done and lvl 20. Just my 2 cents.
Gt: xBj

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
1 month ago#3
Not to mention, if you're not level 20 by the time you finish the Campaign, speaking to Zavala automatically bumps you to 20.
Sied ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager!
"My legs ain't scrawny, they're proportional."

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#4
Public Events. I did everything up to where you start Nessus with my second and third characters, didn't go any further for various other reasons, but Public Events - especially Heroic ones - can net you those levels fairly quickly. Took my Warlock from level 2 to 20 in a few hours of somewhat casual play at that.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

tscookt
1 month ago#5
InhumaneRaider posted...
Not to mention, if you're not level 20 by the time you finish the Campaign, speaking to Zavala automatically bumps you to 20.

I know itll be different for everyone, but I got to level 20 through public events in about half the time it would take to finish each campign main quest mission. Going up a level every 2-3 events at the most and each one takes only a few minutes. Then going from 15-20 in just 6 public events

User Info: creativeme

creativeme
1 month ago#6
can you even do anything unless you beat the story? i know exotic quests are locked. i'm assuming the milestones are as well. i just run through the story and i'll level 19 by time i beat it. only hard part is when you have to grind to level up to get to a certain level before you can do a mission but then you just do a couple public events to get there.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#7
creativeme posted...
can you even do anything unless you beat the story? i know exotic quests are locked. i'm assuming the milestones are as well. i just run through the story and i'll level 19 by time i beat it. only hard part is when you have to grind to level up to get to a certain level before you can do a mission but then you just do a couple public events to get there.

You can farm tokens, do public events, farm engrams, and farm XP - that's about it.

This is coming from someone with three level 20 characters that have yet to even start Io.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

tscookt
1 month ago#8
iiiUsername posted...
tscookt posted...

That works great but the problem is several things are locked behind campaign completion so I've found it better to get s buddy, both pop medallions and then cruise through campaign. Took us just under 4 hours n we came out campaign done and lvl 20. Just my 2 cents.

Really all that is locked is new planets to patrol, and milestones obviously. And once you get titan patrol unlocked there wasnt anything else that is needed (unless you have a ghost for nessus or io). You can just hop back and forth between events on Titan and there is almost no downtime between events.

User Info: Mud_Chan

Mud_Chan
1 month ago#9
I went the story with pals route on the 2nd one. Took more time than I would have preferred, even with the last 3 levels for free. However, getting to 20 in about 90 minutes, equipping 300+ weapons and just utterly decimating the quests seems like it will be faster.
{o,o} We're owl exterminators!
/),_,) . . . PSN: Mud-Chan . . .

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
1 month ago#10
It's better to rush the story. It's super easy and assuming you haven't gotten all the Exotics already, you can pick up any of the free ones what were offered during the story missions as well. Then when you get to the end of the story, you get bumped to 20 immediately.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Fastest way to hit level 20 on 2nd & 3rd characters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived