Is this game good as dark souls?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Is this game good as dark souls?

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#11
Destiny is a LOT like Dark Souls... because you get stuff.

Wait... oh and you can use a sword... and um... do magic or something.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Nogoodname

Nogoodname
2 months ago#12
Dragons Dogma was just rereleased. It's better than both. Your welcome.

User Info: Quagmire4pain4

Quagmire4pain4
2 months ago#13
Nah. If you want something like dark souls you should buy the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

User Info: nokillingmoths

nokillingmoths
2 months ago#14
Dash_Harber posted...
bnui_ransder posted...
Stop reminding me that the series is done hopefully only for now

Hopefully for good, honestly.

One of my favorite series, but there is a time to end everything. I'd like to see the creators move on to other projects and ideas, instead of just rehashing the (admittedly beloved) game. The third game was also probably my least favorite (second last if you count Bloodborne) and I feel like the series was going to get progressively more played out.

I think bloodborne 2 would be good. Thats my favourite in the series.

BB > DkS > DS3 > DS2

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
2 months ago#15
Sloth9230 posted...
Dash_Harber posted...
bnui_ransder posted...

One of my favorite series, but there is a time to end everything. I'd like to see the creators move on to other projects and ideas, instead of just rehashing the (admittedly beloved) game. The third game was also probably my least favorite (second last if you count Bloodborne) and I feel like the series was going to get progressively more played out.

3 was indeed crap, they're working on another action adventure game but who knows if it'll be stylistically the same. Hopefully not, save the dark creepy s*** for Bloodborne 2

Dark Souls 3 was objectively not crap.
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Dash_Harber

Dash_Harber
2 months ago#16
nokillingmoths posted...
Dash_Harber posted...
bnui_ransder posted...

BB > DkS > DS3 > DS2

Honestly, Bloodborne was my least favorite of the series. The game was repetitive, armor was pointless, the bosses were all either shambling giant that did flippy jumps when you got to far, or super fast hunters, and it just really demonstrated to me how the gothic horror genre is at its best in shorter intervals. I also felt like forcing players to beserker the game was sort of missing the point of the series in the first place.

User Info: Alireza888

Alireza888
2 months ago#17
Dash_Harber posted...
nokillingmoths posted...
Dash_Harber posted...
bnui_ransder posted...

BB > DkS > DS3 > DS2

Honestly, Bloodborne was my least favorite of the series. The game was repetitive, armor was pointless, the bosses were all either shambling giant that did flippy jumps when you got to far, or super fast hunters, and it just really demonstrated to me how the gothic horror genre is at its best in shorter intervals. I also felt like forcing players to beserker the game was sort of missing the point of the series in the first place.

You're the first person I've seen who rates BB the lowest!
Tbh BB was much more fun to play than souls games because of the combat (Though PvP was lacking severely)
And the gothic, Victorian setting was a breath of fresh air.
Also BB wasn't like a Dark Souls spinoff so i dunno why you're complaining about the fast and reckless gameplay.
PSN: alirezahunter888 | Fellow Confederate and Sunbro...
Praise the Sun and Let us cleanse these foul streets...

User Info: busterSouls

busterSouls
2 months ago#18
Kompis_Kanin posted...

Dark Souls 3 was objectively not crap.

I don't agree with this statement, but I agree with your sig.

User Info: Slood

Slood
2 months ago#19
Sloth9230 posted...
Dash_Harber posted...
bnui_ransder posted...

3 was indeed crap, they're working on another action adventure game but who knows if it'll be stylistically the same. Hopefully not, save the dark creepy s*** for Bloodborne 2

There's another new game coming that was made to be like souls
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhp_I-hGx6qoFLs1JHO05g For some Call of duty modern warfare, black ops 3. Friday the 13th, dead by daylight, and more

User Info: FEHeroes123

FEHeroes123
2 months ago#20
As gameplay? Totally different

Level of addiction? Around the same comparing to d1. Only difference is that instead of getting killed you would get screwedd by bungie and still keep playing the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Is this game good as dark souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived