Scout rifles in pvp

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Scout rifles in pvp

User Info: fcs

fcs
2 months ago#1
Scout rifles meta is - Results (74 votes)
No prob
59.46% (44 votes)
Ruining pvp
14.86% (11 votes)
Are kind of annoying
25.68% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Imo people camping down paths of view as a team with scout rifles is not what I expected out of an FPS with jetpacks and super powers. Lame
Make America Great Again

User Info: ManOnDaSilvrMT

ManOnDaSilvrMT
2 months ago#2
It's not as big of an issue in the game types that revolve around actual objectives and scout rifles aren't really mandatory (have done rather well with the Galliard auto-rifle) but it can get a bit annoying.
facebook.com/silvermountaingaming, www.facebook.com/SilvrMT/

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#3
Without snipers, what else do you expect try-hards to use on the lanes?
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Griff1821

Griff1821
2 months ago#4
Most maps aren't pretty small and give good flanking options IMO if you don't want to get into a long range battle.

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
2 months ago#5
So don't sit at the other end of the long sightline? Git gud.
Founder of the madbad virgin clan

User Info: Unknown5uspect

Unknown5uspect
2 months ago#6
The only thing annoying about Scout meta is the fact that I can't make them work for me that well. Give me a Pulse or Auto and maps that promote short-mid range firefights and I'm golden. Maybe I just need to get better at the game lol

User Info: Manor_47

Manor_47
2 months ago#7
Scout rifles??! People see them as a problem? They're not even on my radar as a problem! Mida is good as is Nameless Midnight but they're not exactly hard to deal with unless you're stupid and stay in view too long.

Origin Story is THE problem in pvp, it was discovered to be the meta so everyone jumped on the bandwagon like sheep and now every game is plagued with them. It's obviously very good at short/medium range but even at long range it holds its own. The new maps favour CQB so OS is in its element. The mini/multi combination is attractive and they work well together but in my experience OS is much easier to be effective with. Hand cannons and pulses need some love, they're not a common choice in either pvp or pve.
GT: Manor 47

User Info: Evil_Richie

Evil_Richie
2 months ago#8
I agree that pulse rifles need a bit of a boost, not a lot, I still do well with my nightshade and Vigilance Wing is a monster but I find it harder work with them than when using Nameless Midnight or Scathlocke.

Hand cannons just feel odd at the moment. Better Devils is great in PvE but for some reason they just feel a bit wonky in PvP.

Scouts are fine in my opinion. Great at their intended range but close the gap and they become a liability.
GT: Evil Richie

User Info: RBEM

RBEM
2 months ago#9
Evil_Richie posted...
I agree that pulse rifles need a bit of a boost, not a lot, I still do well with my nightshade and Vigilance Wing is a monster but I find it harder work with them than when using Nameless Midnight or Scathlocke.

Hand cannons just feel odd at the moment. Better Devils is great in PvE but for some reason they just feel a bit wonky in PvP.

Scouts are fine in my opinion. Great at their intended range but close the gap and they become a liability.

This. HCs and maybe SMGs need a small buff to work better at short range but apart from that I don't think there's nearly the issues with a so called meta as D1 had for most of its life.

TCs main issue is with play styles. Its a FPS. Some people gonna camp, some gonna rush. You need to adapt to counter whatever the other team does.
GT: Th3Pearl

User Info: Tornadofox

Tornadofox
2 months ago#10
Manor_47 posted...
Scout rifles??! People see them as a problem? They're not even on my radar as a problem! Mida is good as is Nameless Midnight but they're not exactly hard to deal with unless you're stupid and stay in view too long.

Origin Story is THE problem in pvp, it was discovered to be the meta so everyone jumped on the bandwagon like sheep and now every game is plagued with them. It's obviously very good at short/medium range but even at long range it holds its own. The new maps favour CQB so OS is in its element. The mini/multi combination is attractive and they work well together but in my experience OS is much easier to be effective with. Hand cannons and pulses need some love, they're not a common choice in either pvp or pve.

The problem isnt scout rifles themselves, its the game. You have hand cannons, pulse rifles, SMGs, and every sidarm not named "last hope" that feel like Halo weapons, then you have ARs and SRs with range domination and low almost call of duty-like TTKs.

They need to either neuter ARs and SRs so the other weapons can adequately fill their respective niches, of buff every other weapon class to match the pace of ARs and SRs.

Its bad enough the two outperform every other weapon class, they still thought high-caliber rounds on ARs and SRs was a good idea. They should scrap that garbage perk entirely or make it exclusive to hand cannons.
Tim: 3153-5498-8004
Safari Pokeymans: Butterfree, Masquerain, Pinsir
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Scout rifles in pvp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived