Iron Banner this month?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Iron Banner this month?

User Info: Griff1821

Griff1821
2 months ago#1
Thought I remember hearing about it coming in October.

User Info: brainbell25

brainbell25
2 months ago#2
Griff1821 posted...
Thought I remember hearing about it coming in October.

Iron Banner is indeed on the schedule for October, but Bungie hasn't revealed an official date for it. Could be next week, could be in 2 or 3 weeks; we'll all just have to wait and see.
GT - BBell29

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
2 months ago#3
Next week it looks like.
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst / NNID: Loyal_Catalyst

User Info: ItzTrag3dy

ItzTrag3dy
2 months ago#4
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381

Looks like it starts on the 10th.

User Info: Lestat-vamp

Lestat-vamp
2 months ago#5
I suck at PVP but it looks like I'll be stuck grinding it everyday cause that warlock armor looks hot!!

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
2 months ago#6
And it doesn't have a level advantage.

So wtf makes it different? Why are they getting rid of level advantage from Trials and IB? That is what made those modes different. That really sucks.

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
2 months ago#7
I typically don’t play Iron Banner, but I love the look of the Titan gear.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#8
@Brick_Top_

To be honest, PVP is not going to work the way it did in Destiny 1 until the database can have some clearly defined criteria to base SBMM on. The game is too new to accurately construe the details.

Possibly by the time the next Iron Banner rolls around, will there be enough data to add SBMM.

This is not just about trials and Iron Banner though. This is the Crucible in General.

The reason that Level based advantages are not active, is again because the game is NEW. There are people that own the game that have only played it long enough to get through the campaign, and basically stopped. Iron Banner is one of those event that draws people back to the game.

Dude at work mentions that Iron Banner is this week, and 3 people turn the game on when they get home, and play as a team. It's very common.

If these 3 dudes that are Power level 250-260, that haven't been grinding for 3 weeks, are playing against 305's, they are NOT going to have fun.

Add in the actual NEWBS that are still buying the game in droves, and you have about HALF the current population, playing a mode that benefits the people that already play the game, and leaves an ugly face on PVP, that already wasn't very appealing.

So Bungie is making it more NEWB friendly, at least for now.

Fully expect these modes to return to their former glory... probably by Christmas.

Christmas newbs will be our present from Bungie.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: silverangelzero

silverangelzero
2 months ago#9
ApexMjolnir posted...
@Brick_Top_

To be honest, PVP is not going to work the way it did in Destiny 1 until the database can have some clearly defined criteria to base SBMM on. The game is too new to accurately construe the details.

Possibly by the time the next Iron Banner rolls around, will there be enough data to add SBMM.

This is not just about trials and Iron Banner though. This is the Crucible in General.

The reason that Level based advantages are not active, is again because the game is NEW. There are people that own the game that have only played it long enough to get through the campaign, and basically stopped. Iron Banner is one of those event that draws people back to the game.

Dude at work mentions that Iron Banner is this week, and 3 people turn the game on when they get home, and play as a team. It's very common.

If these 3 dudes that are Power level 250-260, that haven't been grinding for 3 weeks, are playing against 305's, they are NOT going to have fun.

Add in the actual NEWBS that are still buying the game in droves, and you have about HALF the current population, playing a mode that benefits the people that already play the game, and leaves an ugly face on PVP, that already wasn't very appealing.

So Bungie is making it more NEWB friendly, at least for now.

Fully expect these modes to return to their former glory... probably by Christmas.

Christmas newbs will be our present from Bungie.

200% agree with you
---Xbox ID: shadoNOVA
---Current: Destiny 2, ReCore, Watch Dogs 2.

User Info: silverangelzero

silverangelzero
2 months ago#10
Im about to bust the 300 cap on all three characters although hunter is my main, but if i was only a 250-260, I would DEFINITELY NOT have fun trying to go against 305s.....
---Xbox ID: shadoNOVA
---Current: Destiny 2, ReCore, Watch Dogs 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Iron Banner this month?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived