People are only hating this game out of principle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. People are only hating this game out of principle

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
4 weeks ago#1
If most of the people complaining actually played this game and gave it a chance, they would probably shut up and find reasons to enjoy it. Game is fun, and that's really all that matters. If you boycott this game just because you don't agree with certain practices, all you're doing is screwing yourself out of playing a perfectly good game. Not to mention this isn't the first game to have stuff like microtransactions, and it sure as hell won't be the last. This is going to be the future of gaming, so people better learn to just accept that this is how things will continue to be from now on in big games like this.

User Info: akito319

akito319
4 weeks ago#2
hulkhogan1 posted...
If most of the people complaining actually played this game and gave it a chance, they would probably shut up and find reasons to enjoy it. Game is fun, and that's really all that matters. If you boycott this game just because you don't agree with certain practices, all you're doing is screwing yourself out of playing a perfectly good game. Not to mention this isn't the first game to have stuff like microtransactions, and it sure as hell won't be the last. This is going to be the future of gaming, so people better learn to just accept that this is how things will continue to be from now on in big games like this.

Your speech and desire to have people knuckle under and lick boot is exactly why I am glad some people still have principles. If people do stick to their principles your prediction doesn't have to become a permanent reality.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~ Benjamin Franklin

User Info: SavijMuhdrox

SavijMuhdrox
4 weeks ago#3
hulkhogan1 posted...

Wow. Thats just so.. defeatist and sad. How did you get like that? No one is forcing you to buy the game, and no one is forcing me to but it either.

Me personally, i'll wait&see on BF2; if reviews look like I'll be extremely annoyed by the MT, then i'll just move on. I certainly don't have to 'put up with it'. I can simply do "literally anything else."
PSN: SavijMuhdrux (yay spelling)

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
4 weeks ago#4
akito319 posted...
hulkhogan1 posted...

Your speech and desire to have people knuckle under and lick boot is exactly why I am glad some people still have principles. If people do stick to their principles your prediction doesn't have to become a permanent reality.

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
4 weeks ago#5
I never doubted that the game is fun to play. I played the Early Access and had a blast.

That doesn’t mean I’m missing out by not playing the game. I have standards. I won’t participate just because the game is the shiny new thing and I have to keep up with the Jones. That’s for children. EA is still s***ting on customers despite their “changes” that really didn’t change anything. Activision and Take Two and Ubisoft still are as well. Keep buying their games for $60 or $80 or $100 on day one, even if you don’t pay a dime afterwards, and you’re sending them the message that their greedy bulls*** is okay. It has been ignored since last gen when this crap started, and here we are. It’s going to get worse and you are to blame.

Yeah, I’m sure the game is fun. So I’ll have all the fun in the world when I buy the complete edition next year for $20.
Road Rage, Cat Quest
Kirby ate my homework.

User Info: NightzeroAX

NightzeroAX
4 weeks ago#6
"Perfectly good game", sure and there's a good number of problems the game has since its beta. Some of us already accepted that micro-transactions will be the future of gaming at least for AAA and mobile games which is exactly why we won't buy it.
PSN: NightzeroAX
I like cheesecake.

User Info: Quan__Cheap

Quan__Cheap
4 weeks ago#7
It's perfectly fine if you like the game dude! However, some of us can't stand p2w element in a fully priced online shooter.

So let the people complain about it, it is justified since it ruins the experience for them. You do you Hulkster, enjoy the game! I know I will, but I understand why many of us can't!
The official Quan Chi of Gamefaqs
Playing Blood Bowl 2 with team Skaven

User Info: GiantCrabXX

GiantCrabXX
4 weeks ago#8
My hobby is too important. I'm not going to ruin the future of the game industry just to play 1 stupid game. And I already got angry enough at the horrible RNG progression in the beta. I'm not going to waste many hours of my time praying to the RNG gods just to get the things I want for my favorite class.

EA is blacklisted now. Not ever buying another game from them. They crossed the line. I'm done doing business with your company when you try to destroy my hobby.

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
3 weeks ago#9
GiantCrabXX posted...
My hobby is too important. I'm not going to ruin the future of the game industry just to play 1 stupid game. And I already got angry enough at the horrible RNG progression in the beta. I'm not going to waste many hours of my time praying to the RNG gods just to get the things I want for my favorite class.

EA is blacklisted now. Not ever buying another game from them. They crossed the line. I'm done doing business with your company when you try to destroy my hobby.

Overreactions like this is exactly what I'm talking about. People are only hating the idea of the game, because they assume the worst, rather the game itself. But sure, boycott the game all you want. It's not going to change anything, and it just means you will continue to miss out on more games in the future that implement similar practices.

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
3 weeks ago#10
I can't f***ing get Star Wars out of my brain!

Anyways, we shouldn't play 30 hours just to unlock Luke Skywalker.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront II
  3. People are only hating this game out of principle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived