Really hope that update a few hours ago didnt activate dedicated servers.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: WWII
  3. Really hope that update a few hours ago didnt activate dedicated servers.

User Info: G_U_G

G_U_G
2 months ago#31
The problem is they are not using dedicated servers in the same sense as something like battlefield. So when the client disconnects it kills the game. I have lost so many wins with a player leaving and it killing the match.

Basically there is a host and if that host leaves the game will end. It happens in setups like this. It is not totally a dedicated server setup. Dedicated servers are much better but they cost a lot more.

My big issue is losing all the good matches. Players quit when they lose and the game disconnects. It would be better if they had some kind of migration system in place. Or a way to at least let the game keep the stats and wins/loses.

And you can always tell these players. They will eat rounds like candy. They can be using a Lewis gun and I can be using it as well. FMJ and stuff. I get a ton of hit markers and they just run way and then quickly pop back out and give me a 2 shot kill. But, at the end of the game we win. So this person quits and we are back in HQ.

I would say this is better than P2P but it still relies on the hosts residential connections and will not allow for migration. So this will probably be the norm.

User Info: Dyson

Dyson
2 months ago#32
Game seems to run a little better now. I just can't get over the fact if you are sitting and waiting for someone to peak or come through a door or area you are ADS'ing there is no sense of comfort knowing you are going to get the kill. In EVERY CoD when I do this I have always known they are about to get killed. In this one I don't know what it is but posting up for a kill I never feel I have the advantage which shouldn't be a thing.
PSN ID - Dyson350

User Info: hyperpowder

hyperpowder
2 months ago#33
This game is borderline unplayable right now.

There was like 3 good days last week where everything ran smoothly. Ever since the update it's been a laggy mess.
Whoever beats my score I will give them a $10 PSN or Live card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiorAx40GY
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: WWII
  3. Really hope that update a few hours ago didnt activate dedicated servers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived