will this come out on disc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  3. will this come out on disc?

User Info: Firehawk030

Firehawk030
6 months ago#1
maybe later in the year, maybe, or will it be digital only.
Thanks.
The Firehawk: PSN: CaptainAmerica3 & Xbox: Oracle 57357

User Info: este914

este914
6 months ago#2
The chance is probably slim to none for that to happen. We had held out hope before when it leaked this game would be coming to PS4, especially since they brought RE 4/5/6 on disc.

At this point it's a "no" but we can always hope something changes later on........
This Space For Rent.

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
6 months ago#3
There's no chance. This version of Biohazard 3: Code Veronica is a "PS2 on PS4" endeavor.

However, if we had an actual remastering effort for the PS4 on our hands, like RE1master or the PS4 version of BH4 for example, then the probability for a physical copy being produced would have been high.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: Stray_Zero

Stray_Zero
6 months ago#4
@Jonathan_F_G:
Biohazard/RE 3 is "Last Escape", not Code: Veronica.

Also, IIRC, no PS2 on PS4 game ever got a physical release down the line, so don't expect much.
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - Online Handle: NeoStrayCat

Jonathan_F_G
6 months ago#5
Stray_Zero posted...
@Jonathan_F_G:
Biohazard/RE 3 is "Last Escape", not Code: Veronica.

That's what "big daddy" Capcom whispers in our ears, whispers as sweet as the nectar from flowers. But in truth, Code Veronica is the actual Biohazard 3/RE3. And Last Escape/Nemesis, is just an expansion of Biohazard 2/RE2.

Without giving in to politic correctness, I consider Last Escape/Nemesis as "Biohazard 2: Last Escape/Resident Evil 2: Nemesis", "Biohazard 2.5: Last Escape/Resident Evil 2.5: Nemesis", or just simply "Biohazard: Last Escape/Resident Evil: Nemesis. Take a look at Biohazard Gun Survivor and Biohazard Outbreak - Both title names sound great without numericals.

If you're trying to downplay me, then there's no use. As a passionate fan of the series and its roots since 1996, I am VERY familiar with Capcom's politics, concerning the Biohazard/Resident Evil IP.

User Info: Stray_Zero

Stray_Zero
6 months ago#6
Yeah, I know how "technical" in the timeline you want it to be, but to me it'll still go with what it is in the series with and without numbers wise. Mainline specifically!
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - Online Handle: NeoStrayCat

Jonathan_F_G
6 months ago#7
Stray_Zero posted...
Yeah, I know how "technical" in the timeline you want it to be, but to me it'll still go with what it is in the series with and without numbers wise. Mainline specifically!

This is just how I personally name the games. In no way does it change their significance in the timeline. All this is is rhetoric that feels right with me. And for good reasons too. But if one does the research, he/she will discover that Code Veronica was supposed to be titled "Biohazard 3" in the title name. This is something that really brings clarity, as to how each installment in those days were supposed to harmoniously flow. I LOVE Last Escape/Nemesis to bits. But it does not feel like a "Biohazard 3".
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
  3. will this come out on disc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived