I made a board for indie game developers.. not realizing this board exists.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Design and Programming
  3. I made a board for indie game developers.. not realizing this board exists.

User Info: DreamwaIker

DreamwaIker
1 year ago#1
I suppose there is a minor difference in focus between a "Game Design and Programming" board and an "Indie Game Developers" board, but had I known this existed I might not have made the community board pitch.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1045-indie-game-developers

In any case, the board exists now, and I'm going to keep going with it. If you've created a game (independently or with a small team) or are working on one now, let me know and I can invite you to the new board. It doesn't have to be a fancy game, and you don't have to have made a ton of progress, but there is that small bar you have to meet to join - at least for now. I'll probably poll the community in a few weeks to see if they want to open it up more or are fine with how it is.

I've favorited this board now as well. Sorry for not knowing this place existed earlier. >_>
Last Survivor of Earth / Arcturian Ambassador to Vega / Resident of Andromeda
Proud member of the Epic Struggle Universe.

User Info: Cheezmeister

Cheezmeister
1 year ago#2
Pfft, no need to apologize. Kind of funny the powers that be didn't note the similarity during your pitch, but it's all good. Kudos for making the effort.

Slow as this board has been, yours might get even less traffic, but hey, let's see what happens :) I'll take an invite.
I make games!
http://luchenlabs.com

User Info: Sinroth

Sinroth
1 year ago#3
Sounds cool, could I get an invite?
I live in a big house and it's handy to have a pair of running shoes so that it doesn't take me forever to get from one area of the house to another.

DreamwaIker
1 year ago#4
Sinroth, are you a developer or prospective developer? (I can tell from Cheezmeister's sig that he is. Cute cat, btw.)

User Info: Sinroth

Sinroth
1 year ago#5
DreamwaIker posted...
Sinroth, are you a developer or prospective developer? (I can tell from Cheezmeister's sig that he is. Cute cat, btw.)

Yep. My day job is research but I like making/dreaming about games on the side.

Here's my github:
https://github.com/craigthelinguist
I live in a big house and it's handy to have a pair of running shoes so that it doesn't take me forever to get from one area of the house to another.

DreamwaIker
1 year ago#6
Both invited.

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 year ago#7
Sinroth posted...
Yep. My day job is research but I like making/dreaming about games on the side.

Hey, so's mine! What is your field of research?
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
1 year ago#8
This board is not very active. How active is your community board? I've made a couple of small games in the past, but I want to get back into it eventually. I started work on a new project, but I'm just not really feeling it after coming back from work each day.
"Often, people work long hard hours at jobs they hate to earn money to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like." - Nigel Marsh

User Info: scar the 1

scar the 1
1 year ago#9
Btw TC, when I saw you post this topic on another board, you were very specific with your requirements of being an active game developer. Is that still so? Because personally I have a GD background, but I'm not currently in that line of work. Does that disqualify me from your board? Would be pretty boring IMO.
Everything has an end, except for the sausage. It has two.

DreamwaIker
1 year ago#10
1337toothbrush posted...
This board is not very active. How active is your community board? I've made a couple of small games in the past, but I want to get back into it eventually. I started work on a new project, but I'm just not really feeling it after coming back from work each day.

Unfortunately there's not much activity yet. Not counting the 2 sticky topics, there are only 6 other topics, with 15, 1, 5, 3, 5, and 1 post(s). No one has posted in the past 24 hours.

scar the 1 posted...
Btw TC, when I saw you post this topic on another board, you were very specific with your requirements of being an active game developer. Is that still so? Because personally I have a GD background, but I'm not currently in that line of work. Does that disqualify me from your board? Would be pretty boring IMO.

I haven't changed the requirements so far, but the requirements were never that you had to be an active developer. Perhaps I misspoke one time or forgot to mention it, but the actual requirements are something like "newbie or indie developer who is working on or has already made a game".

So if you made some in the past, you'd qualify. Even if you had just started one in the past and didn't get around to finishing it, I'd still consider that qualifying.

Inviting 1337toothbrush and scar the 1 now.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Design and Programming
  3. I made a board for indie game developers.. not realizing this board exists.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived