Game Design Prompts

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Cheezmeister

Cheezmeister
1 year ago#1
Here's how this works. Given the prompt above, each poster will write a few sentences about what such a game design might look like. Prompts should have the general form of <adjective> <aesthetic genre> <game genre> with <mechanic>.

adjective any adjective in the English language.
aesthetic genre the world or environment that art/plot draws on, e.g. fantasy (like Zelda), space marines (like Halo), cartoon (like Mario) and so on.
game genre basic categorization of the game, e.g. platformer, FPS, puzzle, simulator.
mechanic a specific game mechanic, e.g. exploration, crafting, powerups.

The first prompt is:
Philosophical Cyberpunk RTS with Minions
I make games!
http://luchenlabs.com

User Info: MrHearn

MrHearn
1 year ago#2
Philosophical Cyberpunk RTS with Minions

This game is a clone of Pikmin, except all of the Pikmin are replaced by the yellow Minions from the 2015 animated movie. The game was not retail; it was promotional material for the movie and was packaged in the box of a leading brand of kid's cereal. The game has only one level, in which the player uses Minions to collect parts for his steam-powered zeppelin. The game is full of glitches and crashes constantly, but yet it somehow entices the player to continue playing. In the end, the the player is left wondering about what he is doing with his life.

The new prompt is:
Educational Underwater Racing game with Augmented Reality
Recently Played: God of War III
Now Playing: Final Fantasy VIII

User Info: Haohmaru_Mcfox

Haohmaru_Mcfox
1 year ago#3
mine is heavy metal mixed with samurai shodown fighting
My fave band is Megadeth
My fave diva is Jennifer Love Joy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived