I get to talk at a conference on programming languages!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Design and Programming
  3. I get to talk at a conference on programming languages!

User Info: Sinroth

Sinroth
1 month ago#11
Unboll posted...
Dang I couldn't even master Qbasic 0_o. But then again I never applied myself. And that's so cool that you know how and can actually code using the C language :D. I bet that it's hard?

Yeah it's quite challenging, you certainly can't program at the same pace as more high-level languages. But I suppose, with all programming and all skills, it gets easier after years of doing it.
I live in a big house and it's handy to have a pair of running shoes so that it doesn't take me forever to get from one area of the house to another.

User Info: Unboll

Unboll
1 month ago#12
Oh yeah ha ha, that is true. Older versions of computer programs are much more slow and cryptic by comparison. Kind of like how older computers are fairly slow by comparison. So yeah, older programming languages definitely take longer to type out to get things to work.

So like how old are these languages that you know how to program in ?:)

Like early 2000's, 90's, 80's?
My Nintendo 3DS friend code is 1590-6094-1889
My Pokemon Omega Ruby character's name is Jason

User Info: Sinroth

Sinroth
1 month ago#13
I'm not 100% sure. I think C has been around since the early 70s. Rust the late 2000s. Python and Java the early 90s. Alain Colmeraur's definition of Prolog was in 1972. Haskell I don't really know, maybe the early 2000s? But I know there are numerous "proto-Haskell" languages, such as Miranda and Tui, which go back to the 70s.
I live in a big house and it's handy to have a pair of running shoes so that it doesn't take me forever to get from one area of the house to another.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Design and Programming
  3. I get to talk at a conference on programming languages!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived