o_O why does my pawn not want me to see his face?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. o_O why does my pawn not want me to see his face?

User Info: treos2

treos2
2 weeks ago#1
every time i turn the camera to look at him he turns and walks away to where i can't see his face.

is there something that triggers this odd behavior in pawns?

edit: wait, i get it now. it has to do with the camera movement. if the camera is too close to a pawn then they move away so it doesn't get stuck on them. though i don't see why they couldn't just walk backwards instead of turning and facing away from you...

User Info: Raziel689

Raziel689
2 weeks ago#2
I have no clue but it pisses me off. Its a proximity thing. I believe they are programmed do stay out of their masters way.
PSN FunyFlyBoy, Main Pawn; Anouk ~ PSN AnubisOfTheAbyss, Main Pawn; Rem

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
2 weeks ago#3
treos2 posted...
every time i turn the camera to look at him he turns and walks away to where i can't see his face.

My pawn is the same way. I've had pawns that loved to have their picture taken and were very photogenic. But then there are pawns that just won't hold still for anything. Mine is like a fennec fox on uppers.
PSN: Ana Kerie. DDDA Pawn: Zarianna
PSN: Zarismom DDDA Pawn Nessie; PSN: vino_de_fresa Pawn: Jareth

User Info: treos2

treos2
2 weeks ago#4
see the above edit. i backed away a bit to be sure and it seems to be related to the camera itself. still odd though.

edit: Anakerie posted...
treos2 posted...

My pawn is the same way. I've had pawns that loved to have their picture taken and were very photogenic. But then there are pawns that just won't hold still for anything. Mine is like a fennec fox on uppers.

oh, so yours has disproportionately large face? lol fennecs are cute but kinda silly looking like that.

edit2: hmmm... offtopic but i'm currently sitting here outside of cassardis as the sun goes down and watching the shadows on the walls flicker and the grass clip through things... not that big a budget for graphics when this game was made i think but it's still a surprisingly good game that aside.

guess that can be chalked up to graphics only getting a game just so far when taking into account all the other aspects such as gameplay among other things.

were this still up for $60 at wal-mart, i'd gladly pay full price for it but since i've got it rented via gamefly...used price will work just as well.

i just wish the BGM tracks included some AMBIENCE! it's like minecraft at times where you begin to question whether or not the game has a soundtrack at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. o_O why does my pawn not want me to see his face?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived