Do you think your pawn is capable...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Do you think your pawn is capable...

User Info: Zakat82

Zakat82
1 week ago#21
valkyriePROfail posted...
...of soloing two HM eliminators by him/her own in a matter of a minute?

I just witnessed it, good stuff Hrist

I noticed a HUGE change after i setup Exhilaration on my Strider Pawn.

Sure, she gets knocked down offten but when that critical HP starts flashing look out !

I think I saw her took 3 bars form an Eliminator yesterday with a Brain splitter on critical HP.

Will def test her out on 2x Eliminators HM style.
PsN: Katakato
YT channel: Zakat82 - https://www.youtube.com/user/Zakat82/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
1 week ago#22
thefernus posted...
Well I mean solo, literally. Arisen has to be there because there is no other way. If there are more pawns, even if they dont do much they are still targets for eliminators so less pressure for the pawn being challenged.

The pawns' AI derps sometimes if the Arisen is too far, it can be a challenge to stay close enough to keep the pawn fighting and not draw the enemies' ire lol.

I know it but usually enemies dont focus on you until you attack them. Yeah, problem is having to stay close enough and not get hit and if you dont stay close enough pawn´s AI tend to derp and forget about enemies.

Here is the video showing it. Fighters at their finest.
https://youtu.be/9_puQ__QlX0

Kool video, but question; At 4:50, in the video, I swear it looks like the Fighter pawn did a dodge roll passed the three eliminators. I saw it once at about 4:20 and a second time at 4:50.

What is that?

I can see lots of Dragons Maw and perfect blocking. But what’s that dodge roll thing that she’s doing?

[edit: only guess I can put forth is maybe it’s using “controlled fall”. I’ve never really payed attention to the pawns using it. Maybe they use it so quickly that it skips the actual “getting hit” animation before executing the roll, so it just looks like a dodge roll...? That’s all I can think of. Is there some Fighter skill I’ve forgotten about? Sorry I usually play Warriors and Sorcerers so I may be overlooking something]
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless
PSN Detrizzy (Dragons Dogma Pawn - Concerto - warrior)

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
1 week ago#23
2DFighter84 posted...
At 4:50, in the video, I swear it looks like the Fighter pawn did a dodge roll passed the three eliminators. I saw it once at about 4:20 and a second time at 4:50.

What is that?

Im unsure about it, definitely not a core skill, to be honest I have only seen them doing it against eliminators. It feels like a glitched strife dodge in order not to go through the eliminator or something. They do it with shield up and definitely works for avoiding hits.
Psn:ValkyriePROfail Lenneth lv200 strider Psn:Mustbeajoke Hrist lv200 fighter Psn:Shy_valkyrie Silmeria lv200 ranger Psn:Twink_account Lil Lenneth lv28 strider

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
1 week ago#24
Zakat82 posted...

Sure, she gets knocked down offten but when that critical HP starts flashing look out !

I think I saw her took 3 bars form an Eliminator yesterday with a Brain splitter on critical HP.

Strider are surely capable of 1v2 eliminators. Brain splitter is kinda broken damage wise, I can imagine the damage with red tear... I mean exhilaration :) melting bars back and fourth but I´m not sure if they are capable of beating all the eliminators in a row from the fallen city like fighters are capable of. Red vocations tankiness helps when pawn is the only target, but yellow vocations often need the presence of other pawns to stop rolling for days.
Psn:ValkyriePROfail Lenneth lv200 strider Psn:Mustbeajoke Hrist lv200 fighter Psn:Shy_valkyrie Silmeria lv200 ranger Psn:Twink_account Lil Lenneth lv28 strider

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
1 week ago#25
Zakat82 posted...

Strider are surely capable of 1v2 eliminators. Brain splitter is kinda broken damage wise, I can imagine the damage with red tear... I mean exhilaration :) melting bars back and fourth but I´m not sure if they are capable of beating all the eliminators in a row from the fallen city like fighters are capable of. Red vocations tankiness helps when pawn is the only target, but yellow vocations often need the presence of other pawns to stop rolling for days.

Loli Jr derped when I tried her out, she did much worse than Leviatha even accounting for the level difference. She took a bar and a half off an eliminator at the start with Fracture Dart but then had virtually no offense after, just rolling around, missing a Brain Splitter and getting smashed. lol
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Do you think your pawn is capable...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived