looking for advice on leveling my pawn

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. looking for advice on leveling my pawn

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
4 days ago#1
I have been using my pawn as a healer/support mage and she is maxed out in mage vocation now. My question is can I just leave her as a mage or should I be getting her some levels in other vocations? I tried sorcerer for a while but she couldn't heal me anymore so I changed her back... I have been trying out all vocations on my arisen but I want my pawn to fill that healer role if leaving her as a mage won't mess her stats up too bad in the end u know? Anybody get what I'm saying? Any advice is much appreciated.
Currently playing Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 remaster

User Info: old_school_rpg

old_school_rpg
4 days ago#2
BTW... Not trying to min/max just wanna make sure she won't get destroyed by everything once I do go to BBI in the future
Currently playing Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 remaster

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
4 days ago#3
You don't have to worry about stat gains if you don't want to. That said, it is good to level sorcerer up as well to get the acuity and articulacy augments. You could try hiring a mage from the rift to replace your main pawn while you level her as sorc.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Ignis
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Noctis | Venus

User Info: xxAcidxReignxx

xxAcidxReignxx
4 days ago#4
If you plan on keeping her as a healer, mage is the only vocation that can heal. If you want her viability as a mage to be stronger, I’d recommend changing her into a sorceress as they have a higher mag growth. Or you could give her a couple levels as a strider for decent all around growth to raise her defense + hp + stamina.
Because a pure mag build with no levels in anything else will be a CANNON.. but a feather cannon at best where the slightest gust of wind will send her toppling.
PSN: i--Reyes--i
FC: 4055-5875-3175
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. looking for advice on leveling my pawn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.