This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An idea you probably won't like.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. An idea you probably won't like.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#1
Because that other one will get SO MUCH POSITIVE RECEPTION, right? Eh? Eh?

Anyway, after completing the League, a guy shows up in a cave somewhere. Talk to him, and he will ask you if you've ever wanted any rare Pokémon. Say yes, and he'll ask you which one, out a list of all Legendaries (no Mythics). Once you pick one, he'll challenge you to a battle using a team themed around the typing of what you picked. Beat him, and he will give you a crest. Take that crest to a specific area that he namedrops and use it to have the Pokémon appear before you, joining you without a fight in the same fashion as a Mystery Gift (special OT, Cherish Ball, all that). Synchronize has a 100% rate of effectiveness on its nature, and it can be shiny, though at a 1/8192 rate that cannot be modified.

Once you've taken all of the Crests he has to offer (you don't have to actually use them, he just can't have them himself), he'll make you one more offer. You get to pick one Mythic Pokémon (except Deoxys, as it was lumped in with the Legendaries. You can blame the Delta Episode for that), and he'll battle you one more time with his TRUE team. Beat him, and you get the Crest for that Pokémon before he disappears, never to be seen again.

It may or may not be AZ, and he may or may not have a Floette with stats beyond its species' abilities and Light of Ruin. If the Floette is not present on his team, it is hard to tell as he is hooded, and his face can never be seen.

User Info: Pokemaster3164

Pokemaster3164
2 months ago#2
I'm still waiting for AZ floette
Won't change till gen 4 gets remakes

User Info: Jmandal

Jmandal
2 months ago#3
BAd idea/10
3DS FC: 2079-7184-6866 God of the trolls.
Official Talonflame Poacher of all boards. http://i.imgur.com/L3sICgD.png

User Info: Reno_Tarshil

Reno_Tarshil
2 months ago#4
I want to nickname my Genesect.
Official Genesect of the Pokemon Ultra Sun Boards!
Gen 5 is the Best Gen in my opinion but if you feel otherwise, no big. FC: 3239-2488-3863

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
2 months ago#5
Mm, no thanks. I much prefer just catching my legendaries in my own way; using only regular Pokeballs rather than have them just handed out to me for winning one battle.

I know it is a Pokemon game and not real, but this concept makes a too little sense even in the Pokemon world for my liking, specifically the part about "crests" being able to summon a specific legendary and for no adequately explored reason, they join you. I'm assuming this guy isn't a real human or isn't registered as an official trainer because he can hold like, 50+ Pokeballs with different Pokemon on him at once.

I'd rather it not be AZ. Plus, with him being freakishly tall, it would more or less make him stand out whether he was covered or not.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#6
Reno_Tarshil posted...
I want to nickname my Genesect.

You should be able to nickname Mystery Gifts anyway, so let's just say you can.

Jmandal posted...
BAd idea/10

You want to give me a reason or just continue ranting about how you hate Talonflame so much?

Meteordragon10 posted...
Mm, no thanks. I much prefer just catching my legendaries in my own way; using only regular Pokeballs rather than have them just handed out to me for winning one battle.

I know it is a Pokemon game and not real, but this concept makes a too little sense even in the Pokemon world for my liking, specifically the part about "crests" being able to summon a specific legendary and for no adequately explored reason, they join you. I'm assuming this guy isn't a real human or isn't registered as an official trainer because he can hold like, 50+ Pokeballs with different Pokemon on him at once.

I'd rather it not be AZ. Plus, with him being freakishly tall, it would more or less make him stand out whether he was covered or not.

He might just be a wizard.

And if he were AZ, it could be a very, very dark cave, to the point that you can't really tell if he happens to be sitting or not.

Also, the Mirage Points that dump the Swords of Justice and other stuff on you in ORAS don't make any sense either. Just "LOL HI IM COBALION LETS FIGHT.".

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#7
If he is a wizard, the world the player encounters him in probably isn't the one he's from, but he's evasive about the whole business.

User Info: Red_Empoleon

Red_Empoleon
2 months ago#8
s*** idea by s*** user
FC: 0748-4005-5855 IGN: Phillip :)
Official Empoleon of every board

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#9
Red_Empoleon posted...
s*** idea by s*** user

Hi! I'm Ronic! Ronic the Hedgehog! I'm TOTALLY NOT SONIC because I'm red even though the entire basis for my character is a Sonic X screenshot of Sonic that was hit with the paintbucket tool in MS-Paint!

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
2 months ago#10
Meteordragon10 posted...

Pretty much this.

Sailor_Razor posted...
Also, the Mirage Points that dump the Swords of Justice and other stuff on you in ORAS don't make any sense either. Just "LOL HI IM COBALION LETS FIGHT.".

And those were also absolutely awful; though, tbf, at least Hoopa served as an in-game explanation; a terrible one, but one, still.

Also, AZ Floette should have never been a thing (like pretty much everything from XY) and I really hope it's never unleashed/officialized.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. An idea you probably won't like.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived