This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Pokemon would you make relevant again?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. What Pokemon would you make relevant again?

User Info: TrooParannoya

TrooParannoya
1 month ago#1
I'll keep it simple: be it for nostalgia, hope, or maybe you really like the design, which Pokemon would you bring to the forefront again? Reason doesn't matter - making it overly useful in PvP, giving it a movie or a special event, or getting it a gimmick that potentially revamps the 'mon.

I'd love to have Machamp and Skarmory be talked about again. I really liked their designs when I first played their games eons ago and tried my hardest to keep them in my team when I first got them.
I wish Regigigas didn't have such a terrible ability, too. I thought it had the coolest myths for a while: being the creator of the other three Regi, hauling continents on ropes, being so feared that the seals were sealed. I was very disappointed when I first fought it. Still am disappointed there's no way to at least reduce the turns Elvis is virtually useless.
Charities that rely completely on your donations: http://goo.gl/mtZXZc
How Localization Works: https://goo.gl/AZfjp1

User Info: snuffles504

snuffles504
1 month ago#2
Dunsparce.

Dragon type, Fairy type, alternate form, evolution, Mega Evolution, whatever, I don't care how.
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
X FC: 5112-3893-8337 IGN: Abraham

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 month ago#3
mine would be my personal favorite pokemon: Haunter.

i would like to make it the Main Character of a Halloween special OVA or short movie. make the main character be Ash's Haunter and make a story about him having its own adventure after leaving Ash.

the story would include it a new move that will be in the games as well. the new move will consist of a clone of Ominous Wind, but with 100% Chance of rising all stats by 1.

this move is only available through a special event that will distribute a unique lvl100 Haunter that cannot evolve into Gengar. to make it more interesting, this Haunter will be unique from the rest by having Ash's Kanto Hat and will have Gengar-equivalent in terms of Base Stats.

and that's it. i know it sounds crazy and stupid, but its just my wish to make my favorite pokemon famous and loved. maybe even more than gengar.

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
1 month ago#4
snuffles504 posted...
Dunsparce.

Dragon type, Fairy type, alternate form, evolution, Mega Evolution, whatever, I don't care how.

Honestly my first thought when I clicked on the thread. I love the little guy, I just want something for the poor thing.

Afte Dunsparce, the ones off the top of my head are Jumpluff, Jynx, Corsola (being a snack for Mareanie doesn't count,) Castform, Sawsbuck (give the poor thing its forms back!,) Sigilyph, Chimecho, Heliolisk, and any under-utilized Ghost types (though I can't think of one that really suffers tbh, I usually see them all as pretty well-like aside from occasional complaining about Dhelmise not being Steel.) Oh, and give Slaking and Regigas new abilities, even if they're hidden, and do something about Mega Audino.
*horrible bird imitations*

TrooParannoya
1 month ago#5
snuffles504 posted...
Dunsparce.

The poor little 'mon... I was honestly surprised it wasn't given a Fairy type, considering its wings and origin.

Lm03 posted...
mine would be my personal favorite pokemon: Haunter.

i would like to make it the Main Character of a Halloween special OVA or short movie. make the main character be Ash's Haunter and make a story about him having its own adventure after leaving Ash.

the story would include it a new move that will be in the games as well. the new move will consist of a clone of Ominous Wind, but with 100% Chance of rising all stats by 1.

this move is only available through a special event that will distribute a unique lvl100 Haunter that cannot evolve into Gengar. to make it more interesting, this Haunter will be unique from the rest by having Ash's Kanto Hat and will have Gengar-equivalent in terms of Base Stats.

and that's it. i know it sounds crazy and stupid, but its just my wish to make my favorite pokemon famous and loved. maybe even more than gengar.

Good grief, that is broken...
I'd love for Pokemon to implement a system for special 'mon vs NPC to give them unique moves, abilities, or stats that would game breaking in PvP just for giggles, but...WOW.

SmashingBros posted...
Afte Dunsparce, the ones off the top of my head are Jumpluff, Jynx, Corsola (being a snack for Mareanie doesn't count,) Castform, Sawsbuck (give the poor thing its forms back!,) Sigilyph, Chimecho, Heliolisk, and any under-utilized Ghost types (though I can't think of one that really suffers tbh, I usually see them all as pretty well-like aside from occasional complaining about Dhelmise not being Steel.) Oh, and give Slaking and Regigas new abilities, even if they're hidden, and do something about Mega Audino.

I honestly forgot about Chimecho...

I think Slaking's ability works in its favor, as opposed to Regigigas. Unlike Slow Start, Truant can be Skill Swapped. Take the enemy's Ability (or an ally's) to give Slaking full access to his other three moves every turn.

User Info: Moongeist

Moongeist
1 month ago#6
Some gen 2's with Alola forms
/**T**\
\ ' ^ ' /

TrooParannoya
1 month ago#7
Moongeist posted...
Some gen 2's with Alola forms

Like who? I can think of a ton from just Gen 2 I'd like to see: Houndoom, Misdreavus (and, by extension, Mismagius), Tyranitar (something less Rock-type would be nice), giving Skarmory, Skarmory, and/or Stantler ANYTHING to make them stand out for even a second.
Yanma, Gligar, and Sneasel all have situational evolutions, so...I guess that's good enough?
Sudowoodo has a prevolution that had plenty of attention via the anime.
Delibird and Unown have their own quirk.
All three beasts were featured in Zoroark's movie and have had movies or specials previously, but I feel like they deserve more. Maybe a group signature move or hidden ability?
Ho-oh and Lugia still get featured, but Ho-oh suffers the same problems as Charizard, but now without a Mega to change type, a better ability, or a bigger movepool. Seems like the the first legendary Ash saw should have something besides "being legendary." Yveltal is basically Shadow Lugia, so a playable Shadow Lugia isn't exactly interesting or special anymore.

User Info: ShizuruKuwabara

ShizuruKuwabara
1 month ago#8
Ledian was never relevant in the first place, but that would be one. So much wasted potential.

User Info: UltraGuzma

UltraGuzma
1 month ago#9
Talonflame
Destruction in ULTRA form!

TrooParannoya
1 month ago#10
ShizuruKuwabara posted...
Ledian was never relevant in the first place, but that would be one. So much wasted potential.

A two-evolution, early route bug type...
So many of those and could have used more attention. Venomoth, Ledian, Ariados, Kricketune, and Mothim, all deserved SOMETHING.
Early route birds tend to be useful a while, while early route mammals are...hit-and-miss. Usually miss.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. What Pokemon would you make relevant again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived