This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameXplain review

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. GameXplain review

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
3 days ago#1
https://youtu.be/hRJht35dXlQ

NOTE: About the controls for the riding game, someone found an NPC that allows you to use the Circle Pad.

Otherwise I find this review very agreeable based on what I know! They captured some of the ups and downs of the changes, though they didn't talk about RR.
They did show some footage of RR though.

But they changed SOS calling to one and done unless you use an Orb. Great I suppose if that annoyed you. But I want to know it the calls still have a chance to fail after doing so, otherwise it still didn't fix the other flaw with the system.

Garranteed SOS summons after using the orbs is the best thing that could happen with the change.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
3 days ago#3
Wow A lot more negatives than I thought there was going to be. 'First half is a slog for returning players' yeah no thanks. I wish this was more like bw2 where the first half were not a slog. This game does not look worth 20$ especially not 40$
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: demonofsparta

demonofsparta
3 days ago#4
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

But they changed SOS calling to one and done unless you use an Orb. Great I suppose if that annoyed you. But I want to know it the calls still have a chance to fail after doing so, otherwise it still didn't fix the other flaw with the system.

Garranteed SOS summons after using the orbs is the best thing that could happen with the change.

is that the nerf i saw someone mention yesterday? personally thats not too bad. gives us players more control. it might make getting a beldum even more of a b**** though.
PSN: demonofsparta. 3DS FC 0147-1804-4533 IGN nathan
(message deleted)
I like how Ben just ignores all the improvements the trailer mentioned and how the reviewer loves the games. It's 10:00, shouldn't he be in his elementary school instead of posting online?

demonofsparta posted...

is that the nerf i saw someone mention yesterday? personally thats not too bad. gives us players more control. it might make getting a beldum even more of a b**** though.

If we need to use an orb each time to trigger an SOS call, then that's fine and actually great as those things are cheap as hell. But if we need to use an orb and the call still has a failure chance, then what the hell.

We need someone with the game to test this right now.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
3 days ago#7
I like how Ben just ignores all the improvements the trailer mentioned and how the reviewer loves the games. It's 10:00, shouldn't he be in his elementary school instead of posting online?

demonofsparta posted...

If we need to use an orb each time to trigger an SOS call, then that's fine and actually great as those things are cheap as hell. But if we need to use an orb and the call still has a failure chance, then what the hell.

We need someone with the game to test this right now.

Did you just assume my time zone and leveling of school? And also I never said there were not good changes just that some changes were actually bad which suprised me.
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 days ago#8
I like how the story complaints are "this feels more like a Pokemon story than a normal RPG story".
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
3 days ago#9
Lexifox posted...
I like how the story complaints are "this feels more like a Pokemon story than a normal RPG story".

I think they just meant that USUM basically changes it to the "Legendary Plot" that many complain had been overused by now. SM story's main strong point was that it drifted a little away from that. In that the villain was more interested in an UB than the cover legend, while the cover legend was just a tool for Ultra Space access.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 days ago#10
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Lexifox posted...

I think they just meant that USUM basically changes it to the "Legendary Plot" that many complain had been overused by now. SM story's main strong point was that it drifted a little away from that. In that the villain was more interested in an UB than the cover legend, while the cover legend was just a tool for Ultra Space access.

Which is still stupid.

The SM villain driving the plot by being focused on UB isn't much different than a villain focusing on a Legendary. The only difference is that the Legendary tends to be used for destructive means while the UB are unleashed on Alola and destroy things of their own accord.

If anything this is more different because it's not Team Bad Guy's leader wants to seek a special Pokemon for bad guy reasons. The story line here is a Pokemon acting of its own accord to steal light for itself instead of being used by a human to complete their goals.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. GameXplain review

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.