This game is really not what I hoped it would be.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. This game is really not what I hoped it would be.

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
2 days ago#1
HUGE fan of the Dissidia games on PSP. I was excited to give this open beta a try and my first impression was... "where is everything?"

No RPG mode, no levels, items, armor, weps, skills...

It's just a normal ass fighter now. I mean, I guess that's cool if you like standard fighters but I liked Dissidia because it was so different.

Guess I'm going back to playing Dissidia 012 lol...
^.^

User Info: Zardon

Zardon
2 days ago#2
Yep..... Feel your pain. This game truly sucks.

User Info: Animestar5000

Animestar5000
2 days ago#3
Well first of all this is a beta - not everything is available

Secondly, the game is taking an e-sport route which means in order to equally balance the game these features have been removed. Its not the end of the world not having the RPG elements - as long as there will be a good variety of modes being added in. At least weapons and armour has aesthetics to it and we're getting a variety.

Lets not forget that Dissidia still keeps its unique gameplay of the bravery and HP attack system, so its not a normal fighter at all.

Who knows - perhaps other aspects from the Dissidia might creep in further down the line
Tecmo Koei = Best Games :D
Add me on PSN -----> Animestar5000

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
2 days ago#4
Nice to see someone being rational.

I would expect a sequel to improve on single player. This being a port of an arcade game is pretty obvious. Now that the base content is in I would think they'll be more focused next time

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
2 days ago#5
Animestar5000 posted...
Secondly, the game is taking an e-sport route

Then it already failed in my eyes.

That is not what I want from FINAL FANTASY. Whether its a main game or spinoff.
^.^

User Info: windice93

windice93
2 days ago#6
Icewitch posted...
Animestar5000 posted...

Spin offs are suppose to be differnt. That’s how we got the rythm games. I don’t like rythm games but I don’t think it’s a failure just cus it isn’t like other ff games. That all I have to say.

User Info: skeithxth

skeithxth
2 days ago#7
Animestar5000 posted...
Well first of all this is a beta - not everything is available

Secondly, the game is taking an e-sport route which means in order to equally balance the game these features have been removed. Its not the end of the world not having the RPG elements - as long as there will be a good variety of modes being added in. At least weapons and armour has aesthetics to it and we're getting a variety.

Lets not forget that Dissidia still keeps its unique gameplay of the bravery and HP attack system, so its not a normal fighter at all.

Who knows - perhaps other aspects from the Dissidia might creep in further down the line

Not to mention, it's a port of an arcade game. NT wasn't built on PS4 hardware from the ground up to be a console-exclusive game like the PSP titles. It's a port of a 2 year old arcade fighter.

Ergo, the reason why all these SINGLE PLAYER mechanics from old are stripped out.

This really isn't a single player game. It wasn't originally made with consoles in mind. It was made with competitive play in mind. Hence why it started as an arcade game and not a 3rd installment for the PSP or PS4 from the get-go.

It wouldn't make any balance sense at all to keep those features included when the focus is to be a direct port of an already existing competitive arcade fighter.
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
2 days ago#8
Icewitch posted...
Animestar5000 posted...

It doesnt have to be what you want. Seriously people the game has been in the arcades for years now. We have had info on how it plays, looks, functions, etc for such a long time.
Yet several years later we still have "its not what i wanted so its trash" over and over and over
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
2 days ago#9
starting to think a Final Fantasy Heroes action rpg mighta been a better idea and use of KT
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: DarcKage

DarcKage
2 days ago#10
It's really disappointing.

No EX Bursts and only one HP attack, makes it too boring. And there's too much going on in 3v3 to make out what is happening at all times.
3DS FC: 2578-4335-5034
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT
  3. This game is really not what I hoped it would be.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.