Does Anyone Else Think Broly Is Seriously Overated?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Does Anyone Else Think Broly Is Seriously Overated?

User Info: Derek_Metaltron

Derek_Metaltron
5 months ago#1
Honestly I feel like he's the Doomsday of the DBZ Universe at times... nothing overly interesting about him and nuanced compared to other villains, but look how cool he looks and angry he is, who needs anything else? Just my opinion, but I personally find villains like Frieza, Cell, Cooler and even Buu more engaging.

User Info: PrismUFO

PrismUFO
5 months ago#2
Of course he is basic, people like him because he is a badass savage, nothing else. He is not overated at all.

User Info: SonGoku4Star

SonGoku4Star
5 months ago#3
hes the Legendary Super Saiyan

User Info: Altar360

Altar360
5 months ago#4
PrismUFO posted...
Of course he is basic, people like him because he is a badass savage, nothing else. He is not overated at all.

Bulls*** he's not...

When people tell you in a straight face "Broly can beat Gogeta and Vegeto!" then yeah... he's overrated. His fanbase tended to hype the character up so much when there really wasn't anything to him. I've seen people actually try and justify that idiotic plot device reasoning for his hatred of Goku.

You can like the character, no problem, but the character had a huge backlash in recent years for a reason

User Info: Derek_Metaltron

Derek_Metaltron
5 months ago#5
PrismUFO posted...

I get that, maybe I just prefer more complex and engaging villains to mindless brutes who defining feature is how loud they can scream KATAROTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!, that's not something exclusive to DBZ for me.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
5 months ago#6
I agree with TC. For me frieza is the real and best villain in Dragon Ball, not only because of what he have done in the past, but because of his personality. Also he has the highest potential among all mortals we know.

User Info: Airyik

Airyik
5 months ago#7
Welp whether you like him or naw he will be in FighterZ because he's the most popular movie Villain. Even when no other movie Villain is in the game he's still there. Burst Limit, Xenoverse 1 and Extreme Butoden did this and I doubt FighterZ will break the trend. Not to say I'm hoping no other movie villain will be included, I'm just not worried he won't be included.

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
5 months ago#8
his power is MAXIMUM

User Info: KlRBEH

KlRBEH
5 months ago#9
People like Broly because he has a cool design and because he's OP as hell

That's pretty much it and enough of a reason to like him
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH

User Info: Altar360

Altar360
5 months ago#10
Airyik posted...
Welp whether you like him or naw he will be in FighterZ because he's the most popular movie Villain. Even when no other movie Villain is in the game he's still there. Burst Limit, Xenoverse 1 and Extreme Butoden did this and I doubt FighterZ will break the trend. Not to say I'm hoping no other movie villain will be included, I'm just not worried he won't be included.

True, the dude somehow became one of the most pooular characters in the franchise. To the point that he's always playable and he even has a Universe 6 counterpart in Super. He'll always show up in the games, I have long made peace with that.

Besides, if nothing else he'd make for a fun grappler character
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. Does Anyone Else Think Broly Is Seriously Overated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived