"Fodder" Characters.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. "Fodder" Characters.

User Info: sebaszk

sebaszk
1 month ago#31
GodzGift42 posted...
Silencer S posted...
Nappa is not a fodder. He's a brutal warrior who killed most of the Z Fighters.

If you're using Power Level to determine whether someone is fodder or not, then everyone in the cast is fodder compared to the likes of Beerus and Jiren. Yes, Kid Buu is fodder. Cell is fodder. SSB Goku is fodder.

Hence using PLs to determine whether someone is fodder or not for the purposes of a FIGHTING GAME is trash

Nappa is just irrelevant, that's all. Old and washed up, just like the saiyan saga. Beating 6 z warriors doesnt mean anything because they were all weak as hell. Also his moveset and design wasnt anything special either. Nappa isnt popular because he just isnt a memorable character. Infact, only reason he has a 'fanbase' now is because of TFS.

he has a fanbase because black has fans.. nappa ftw
Intelligent people are those who have a temper that goes along their reason. If not, they are people who occasionally say clever stuff.

User Info: Project5Boss

Project5Boss
1 month ago#32
BhevHD posted...
Project5Boss posted...

A jobber is someone who’s purpose is to lose in order to enhance the reputation/credibility of a main hero or villain or a character who the writer wants the audience to take seriously.

Stopped reading right here.

I already posted the true definition of jobber in a previous post. It's not my fault you twisted the definition to your own liking.

Know what else you stopped reading? The manga since the King Piccolo arc.
DBF Goku Black Main, fiending for that Ultra Instinct too

User Info: Master_Warlord7

Master_Warlord7
1 month ago#33
I'm pretty sure explosions generated by characters throughout DB and early Z still look just as impressive and destructive, if not moreso than those in Super and later sagas. Characters like Master Roshi and Recoome are capable of destroying planets with one attack. Mr. Popo already moved faster than light, who cares about the scaling?

If those characters were written to show up later or magically came back, the meme power level numbers would go up. That's all they are, meaningless numbers.

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 month ago#34
Master_Warlord7 posted...
I'm pretty sure explosions generated by characters throughout DB and early Z still look just as impressive and destructive, if not moreso than those in Super and later sagas. Characters like Master Roshi and Recoome are capable of destroying planets with one attack. Mr. Popo already moved faster than light, who cares about the scaling?

If those characters were written to show up later or magically came back, the meme power level numbers would go up. That's all they are, meaningless numbers.

If he moved that fast then why did people have trouble believing that Dyspo was moving faster than Light?
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 302, Hunter Max Power 299, Titan Max Power ???
"If you die outside during Calus you a scrub."

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#35
Mochzuki posted...
Master_Warlord7 posted...

If he moved that fast then why did people have trouble believing that Dyspo was moving faster than Light?

Because AT sucks ass at being consistent.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Friday the 13th

User Info: Benify

Benify
1 month ago#36
The great thing about fighting games is that you can make anyone look amazing.
I will quit GameFAQS once Yamcha becomes relevant again. Don't get me wrong, I actually want it to happen.

User Info: necrondude

necrondude
1 month ago#37
BhevHD posted...
Project5Boss posted...

A jobber is someone who’s purpose is to lose in order to enhance the reputation/credibility of a main hero or villain or a character who the writer wants the audience to take seriously.

I already posted the true definition of jobber in a previous post. It's not my fault you twisted the definition to your own liking.

But his definition is right.
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

User Info: KhaosKruzer

KhaosKruzer
1 month ago#38
I know Androids 19 and 20 didn't contribute much, but I enjoyed playing as them in those old Budokai games (been reminiscing about those games lately, probably due to the game coming out in less than two months).

I'm aware they're unlikely to be in the base game, but maybe DLC?
"OH NO! Uzbecks have drunk all my battery fluid!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nk5mSz_2s

User Info: archergundam

archergundam
1 month ago#39
BhevHD posted...
Project5Boss posted...

He's actually right though.

It's a professional wrestling term that has recently escaped into more common vernacular to mean just what he said.
I am KoA | 2PlayRough. Prepare your ears.
"The voice that Avylon deserves... just not the one it needs right now."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  3. "Fodder" Characters.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived