Loot Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. Loot Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: MilkyTrousers

MilkyTrousers
2 months ago#1
M$ strikes again.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440476
http://i.imgur.com/fTsRFIr.gif

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
2 months ago#2
Eh, the core racing part of the game is still good to me. I'll see how I feel after sinking more time into it though.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

User Info: pjnelson

pjnelson
2 months ago#3
It's not a problem, was never a problem, and won't ever be a problem. Nobody has to buy them, nobody ever feels they need to buy them or pressured to buy them, and there's nothing wrong with the developer selling stuff like this. Nobody loses.
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
2 months ago#4
My main issue here is that even VIP bonuses seem to be limited time 'mods'. That seems like a load of bulls***. I'm afraid there are more aspects here that seem like they want to push microtransactions that I've yet to see...
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
2 months ago#5
It seems exactly like the system from Forza 6 to me, which I was totally fine with. The mods add interesting modifiers you can use for some extra credits, or sell for some extra credits if you don't want them.

I was bummed about the loss of bonus credits from disabling assists, but it's not really fair that less experienced players basically get punished for using them... most if not all assists already slow you down, so also missing out on credits seems needless. This time you just get bonus credits from the AI difficulty... so there's still a way to earn them.

From what I've seen so far the economy of the game isn't overly restrictive, you're generously rewarded with credits left and right so far. I give no weight to the argument that the mod system is pressuring you, or even necessary at all to get a lot of in-game money.

That being said it still opens the door for potential micro-transactions that prey on peoples addictive tendencies and that BS always needs to be called out. But as it stands, if you have the willpower not to pay *actual* money for them it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the game.

Edit: No doubt they want to push micro-transactions, its ugly and every AAA developer is doing it and we should call it out, but as long as a game doesn't destroy its progression/reward system because of them I can at least still buy and enjoy it. The loot box system is more in your face this game versus Forza 6, but functionally the same so far in my experience.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

User Info: OneGrumpyUncle

OneGrumpyUncle
2 months ago#6
What they did to VIP is complete crap. Limited use mod cards, thats B.S.
Previously Hatevolved in another life.
XBL---OneGrumpyUncle

User Info: Darwin_Fish2

Darwin_Fish2
2 months ago#7
I personally like the idea of the loot crate system. Adds more depth and variety, without being mandatory. Similar to the crown store loot crates in Elder Scrolls Online. But Forza 7 is better because you can spend in-game currency and not just real-life money.
Xbox GT = Methadone Man
Put you Gamertag in your signature line. Do it now! Don't make us guess who we're talking to.

User Info: DarkMinun

DarkMinun
2 months ago#8
I don't think it's been even theoretically possible to be short on cash in a Forza game after playing for a couple of weeks since maybe 2011 or so, in fact I often wonder what credits are for when I log into FM6 or FH3 and notice a 9 digit number in the corner of the screen.

No, they are not pushing microtransactions.
sdoo

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
2 months ago#9
pjnelson posted...
It's not a problem, was never a problem, and won't ever be a problem. Nobody has to buy them, nobody ever feels they need to buy them or pressured to buy them, and there's nothing wrong with the developer selling stuff like this. Nobody loses.

As long as they keep it cosmetic only and not hide extra cars behind them then I don't mind.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#10
It's the same thing that the community would have done, if Gifting is still a thing.

People selling cars for $5.00 on ebay, is not a new thing. Why not go through an official channel, and limit the amount of people scalping, by providing a way to gain access to stuff you want?

Since there is no obligation for you to buy a Crate, because they are awarded, it is all about paying for a lack of patience.

It also adds value to a car that you win, if it is locked behind a crate reward... or the auction house.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. Loot Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived