If you're cheating or modding, beware. Turn 10 is banning accounts.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. If you're cheating or modding, beware. Turn 10 is banning accounts.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
1 month ago#31
Sheepinator posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
I could never understand how having an economy in game, that people figure out how to abuse, affects other players in any way.

More credits in the system inflates the price of things e.g. in the auction house. This prices out legit players who have less credits.

The main reason is the devs hope that players will spend real money on loot boxes. If everyone did exploits for infinite money, that would mean zero revenue to the devs.

Maybe they should bank on their game not having a Quirky system that is slanted towards people purchasing EXTRA content on DAY ONE.

I have been a gamer for longer than the average gamer has been alive, I blame games like Gears of War, and Dead or Alive, for making this "PAY to WIN" model so scapegoat-ish, that people can defend the stance, that aren't making money off of it.

I definitely want all the content. I definitely look for a way to NOT pay cash from my bank account, but ultimately, I feel backed into a corner, when I have money in my Xbox Wallet or PSN Wallet, and I just burn it on in game gambling.

I probably spent $100 on Silver over the course of Destiny 1, and I have already dropped $10 on Destiny 2, Even though I know I can get the same stuff from just playing the game normally.

This whole option, is a Hook with a work on it, hanging in front of your face. Only people that go out of their way to create a way to ignore it, are the only ones not affected.

Include the content in the game, make it accessible, and stop making it easy for people to just drop an extra $50 to not have to play the game.

These developers know that people want to enjoy the game, and that the key to a sequel getting greenlit, is POTENTIAL BUYERS.

If you nickel and dime your fanbase, and then tell them that their money is useless in the future, then you are telling them that you don't expect them to comeback next time, and that you are cashing out now.

I have seen hundreds of businesses give away the store, CompUSA, RadioShack, The Wiz, etc. come to mind. When their business model did not follow the trend, they tried something radical, and ultimately dug their own graves.

This is starting to feel like the entire industry, with the only games that are doing it right, being games that are simply not supported after launch... aside from fixes.

Need more content, Sure, Pay for EXPANSIONS... Don't sell me a Free to Play game, and then sell the content too. Pick a damn model.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Sportsaholic

Sportsaholic
1 month ago#32
Ordained_Killer posted...
I just read a thread on their forums and this guy was given a lifetime ban for using the Rewards exploit. He had $999,999,999 credits and had bought 500+ of loot crates.

LOL

XD!!!

What does the ban actually mean?

I don't have this game or an XB1 but this is exactly why you get games immediately. Take advantage of exploits before they're patched. I'd do it... even if I had the game I don't have time to grind and grind.
Bills, Sabres, Bison, UB Bulls + Buffalo Braves/SD/LA Clippers + NY Yankees
Buffalo -> LA -> Honolulu

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
1 month ago#33
Ordained_Killer posted...
I just read a thread on their forums and this guy was given a lifetime ban for using the Rewards exploit. He had $999,999,999 credits and had bought 500+ of loot crates.

LOL

Maybe it's the guy I linked to in here, who exposed how awful their loot boxes are.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/75871402
Put. That coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only.

User Info: bojangles22

bojangles22
1 month ago#34
Nobody's been banned from the "glitches". Was just empty threats to scare people away while they patched it. (Inside info).
"All one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.
No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins." Quincy2000a

User Info: openfist

openfist
1 month ago#35
Really hoping they get to patching all the important, game breaking bugs now that they've fixed the exploits.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. If you're cheating or modding, beware. Turn 10 is banning accounts.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived