VIP bonuses lost after playing on multiple Xboxes - any way to get them back?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. VIP bonuses lost after playing on multiple Xboxes - any way to get them back?

User Info: zxrax_alt_1

zxrax_alt_1
2 months ago#1
I played a set of races on my bedroom Xbox. A few days later, I got on my office Xbox and started off by redeeming all the VIP bonuses that they handed out because people were mad that VIP sucked.

So then I went to race and realized that my progress disappeared. I went to the bedroom and popped the game open to make sure it had saved there. It did, so I rebooted the office Xbox and went back into Forza, where I was presented with the option to proceed with local save data or use cloud data. I used the cloud data, and to my dismay I had lost all the messages containing the freebies.

Is there any way to get my stuff/messages back?
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.75GHz | GTX 780 | Corsair 650D | Custom Watercooling | 2x U2312HM | http://imgur.com/a/IlgFJ

User Info: Red_Frog

Red_Frog
2 months ago#2
Sorry, scratch what I posted previously. I misread part of your post. Your office console had your rewards, but now they're gone because it updated from the bedroom console? You may definitely want to contact Xbox support or T10. Or both. Maybe T10 can reassign your VIP rewards.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
1 month ago#3
Any time a Game ASKS you if you want to use the LOCAL or CLOUD save, it is because the CLOUD save is OLDER than the local save. That means it will be missing something.

If you redeemed a digital content, and then did not save it, how do you expect to get it back?

This is typically how people exploit games, but in the opposite direction. They load the OLD save, Drop a bunch of items or money, and then Load the OLD save again, where they still have all the stuff they dropped.

They then make a NEW save, with all the stuff they picked up, which is now duplicated.

When you goof something like this up, you end up with NOTHING, and it is gone forever.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. VIP bonuses lost after playing on multiple Xboxes - any way to get them back?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived