Is there really a 50GB patch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. Is there really a 50GB patch?

User Info: qpalzmw

qpalzmw
2 months ago#1
I'm planning on getting this game for Christmas along with the Xbox One X. Is there *really* a 50 GB Day One patch? This is getting ridiculous...
You make mistakes; and then you die. And then you come back, and make the same mistakes...

User Info: BraxSimeon

BraxSimeon
2 months ago#2
qpalzmw posted...
I'm planning on getting this game for Christmas along with the Xbox One X. Is there *really* a 50 GB Day One patch? This is getting ridiculous...

Of course, it's easy to suspect posts like this of just being trolling, but in the off chance that you legitimately have an issue with a 50 GB patch, I have two questions:

a) Are you planning on buying the game on disc?
b) Would you prefer the game be launched much later so the day one patch could be included on the disc?

Again, if it's one of those, "I'll try to turn anything into a gripe just to gripe" posts, then you can ignore this, but if you're serious, I'm curious as to why.
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X

User Info: usmovers_02

usmovers_02
2 months ago#3
Welcome to the world of gaming. Where file sizes get bigger as graphics improve.
www.nohomophobes.com

User Info: JGA1980

JGA1980
2 months ago#4
qpalzmw posted...
Is there *really* a 50 GB Day One patch?

No, by Christmas the Title Update will be larger than 50GB due to the addition of more DLC cars and possibly an expansion.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 months ago#5
It's a pretty disgusting idea that getting this game Digitally, so that you can play it on PC or Xbox One, that you are talking about 100GB download.

Not everyone has Fiber internet, there is still about 30% of North America, that cannot get anything above 6MB/s DSL.

Knowing this, I am sad to know that I can buy this game, and simply have a bad download, and end up with wasting an entire week, just to get the game to download.

Half the reason I ended up selling my Xbox One the first time, was because Every time I turned it on, The console had a 2gb update, and then the game I wanted to play had a 2GB update. That was HOURS of downtime where I simply wasted, for no reason, time.

While I don't expect this trend to stop, at any point, and simply get worse, it would be nice that a game can ship, without requiring a 50GB download, if you buy the Disc version. And you should be able to install and play it, not be forced to update it.

But hey, the gaming industry moves faster than the technology of the country. The fact that Payphones still exist, and Police still ride horses, is just proof that there will never be a time where our planet, nevertheless the country you live in, will ever be on the same page.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#6
Games should be sold on thumb drives with the proper capacity. Discs even Blu Rays should be sent to their grave.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
2 months ago#7
It’s about 35GB.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: qpalzmw

qpalzmw
2 months ago#8
BraxSimeon posted...
qpalzmw posted...

Of course, it's easy to suspect posts like this of just being trolling, but in the off chance that you legitimately have an issue with a 50 GB patch, I have two questions:

b) Would you prefer the game be launched much later so the day one patch could be included on the disc?

Again, if it's one of those, "I'll try to turn anything into a gripe just to gripe" posts, then you can ignore this, but if you're serious, I'm curious as to why.

Okay, I'll bite:

a) Yes
b) Also Yes

Why you ask? Because I live in a rural area with satellite internet and a 150 GB data cap, which by the way, is the absolute best plan available in my area. 50GB is one third of my monthly data allotment, and if I exceed that I can look forward to dial-up speeds for the rest of the month. As a matter of fact I just experienced this when I accidentally checked the "automatic updates" setting on my Xbox One and my system downloaded 80GB worth of updates to games I'm not even playing. I also don't live alone, so the other people in my household had to contend with barely usable internet for 3 and a half weeks thanks to the ridiculous data requirements of modern gaming. I was looking forward to playing Forza in full 4K, but if putting a full game, or even most of one, on a disc is just too much to ask these days, than I guess I won't be bothering.

Hope that clears things up.
You make mistakes; and then you die. And then you come back, and make the same mistakes...

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
2 months ago#9
qpalzmw posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
qpalzmw posted...

Okay, I'll bite:

a) Yes
b) Also Yes

Why you ask? Because I live in a rural area with satellite internet and a 150 GB data cap, which by the way, is the absolute best plan available in my area. 50GB is one third of my monthly data allotment, and if I exceed that I can look forward to dial-up speeds for the rest of the month. As a matter of fact I just experienced this when I accidentally checked the "automatic updates" setting on my Xbox One and my system downloaded 80GB worth of updates to games I'm not even playing. I also don't live alone, so the other people in my household had to contend with barely usable internet for 3 and a half weeks thanks to the ridiculous data requirements of modern gaming. I was looking forward to playing Forza in full 4K, but if putting a full game, or even most of one, on a disc is just too much to ask these days, than I guess I won't be bothering.

Hope that clears things up.

The problem with having the update on disc is that a BD can only hold up to 50GB while the game takes up a little less than 70GB.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: usmovers_02

usmovers_02
2 months ago#10
As someone else said, games should be on thumb drives now. No reason for them not to be.
www.nohomophobes.com
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 7
  3. Is there really a 50GB patch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived