How Monster Hunter should handle part collection.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How Monster Hunter should handle part collection.

User Info: CJwat11

CJwat11
3 months ago#11
Lasatar posted...
nuke2099 posted...
We already have footage of the loot system and it's remained faithful to how it's always been.

We've seen carving, but I don't remember seeing quest rewards in a video. Mind providing a link?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZSAKS7NFI

There's a rewards screen after hunting, which means the good old formula is still in play.
Just an average video game nerd.

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
3 months ago#12
This sounds absolutely horrible. You dont like the grind dont play. Simple as that.
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx
PSN: Diablo7238

CJwat11
3 months ago#13
diablo7238 posted...
This sounds absolutely horrible. You dont like the grind dont play. Simple as that.

User Info: OngoBay

OngoBay
3 months ago#14
There are plenty of games that don't require actual grinding. Why change the ones that do? Many players enjoy the grind.

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#15
Your idea is bad and falls perfectly in line with the Millenial issue of never wanting to work for anything. Your parents f***ed up bad.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

CJwat11
3 months ago#16
Element_Pearl posted...
Your idea is bad and falls perfectly in line with the Millenial issue of never wanting to work for anything. Your parents f***ed up bad.

Okay let's not turn this into a flame war.

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#17
When you have an idea that bad, you need to be told how bad it is, not have a bunch of people reinforcing you and telling you how special you are for having a bad idea.

Besides, he asked us what we think, and I think that his parents f***ed up and failed to instill a healthy work ethic.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 months ago#18
I've fallen victim to the dreaded Desire Sensor many times, but I feel that TC's idea is too far off the mark.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Lasatar

Lasatar
3 months ago#19
I'm not saying that grinding should be removed. I'm saying we should get rid of BS 3% chances that everybody hates. When you grind in most games, you repeatedly do the same thing over and over again because each time, you get slightly closer to your desired mark. When you grind in Monster Hunter, you do the same thing over and over again because each time you do it, you get a CHANCE to get what you want. It's completely luck based. Can't we get a single thing that ISN'T luck based? A single Rathalos ought to be able to make an entire set of armour by itself, but instead, we have to fight about twenty of them to get what we want, because for SOME REASON, we can't strip it of our desired parts. Every Rathalos ought to have one plate on them, but in terms of gameplay, every twentieth rathalos has a plate. And then there's always that one guy that's lucky enough to get two plates in a single hunt, despite that being anatomically impossible. It's like carving a Deviljho tail twice and getting two tails, despite the Deviljho only having one. Besides, even if we don't cut off the tail during the hunt itself, why the hell can't we cut it off once it's dead? It's things like this that really make Monster Hunter tedious. Spending half an hour on a quest that brings you no closer to your desired goal is not fun at all. We want to at least make SOME progress. It's like trying to fight an enemy to level up and they give you zero EXP. It doesn't make sense.

But in any case, that's enough ranting. I'll accept the old system, but I really think it needs to change. Not necessarily to the same idea I'm proposing, but at least to a similar one.
Mario Maker profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Lasatar

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#20
You're playing this game for the wrong reason. It's fun to play the game, win the fights, and display mastery of your weapon. Getting the gear is incidental to that. Have fun enough times and eventually you'll find that you've gotten the item you need without even noticing that.

ANYONE who plays this game always thinking about their next piece of gear is gimping themselves in the long run.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How Monster Hunter should handle part collection.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived