Dear God, please tell me you can turn off that awful voice 'acting'.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Dear God, please tell me you can turn off that awful voice 'acting'.

User Info: Element_Pearl

Element_Pearl
3 months ago#1
Jesus Christ it's like rusty pickaxes in my ears.
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
3 months ago#2
I like it, but she talks too much...but that's just the tutorial.

There's an option for Wyverian gibberish too.
In a recent statistical study, it was shown that only 9/10 people want to play DotA 2.

User Info: SkinnEr2324

SkinnEr2324
3 months ago#3
Really dude?

User Info: teknic1200

teknic1200
3 months ago#4
It's annoying as hell, brings back memories of annoying pawn chatter when I played dragon's dogmeh.
Monster Huntin'

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 months ago#5
The acting is fine, but yes, you can change back to the regular "grunts and sighs".
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Mulate

Mulate
3 months ago#6
So there is an option to mute the Handler right? Probably not in the demo, but in the real game...right?

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
3 months ago#7
Metalsonic66 posted...
The acting is fine

It's amateurish at best. Not as bad as nails on a chalkboard, but it is undeniably low quality to anyone with existential standards on voice acting. There is no reason for people to be defending aspects of the game that are obviously bad.
Monster Hunter elitist legend. I am one of the main reasons elitism exists today on MH boards. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 months ago#8
LonelyGaruga posted...
Metalsonic66 posted...
The acting is fine

It's amateurish at best. Not as bad as nails on a chalkboard, but it is undeniably low quality to anyone with existential standards on voice acting. There is no reason for people to be defending aspects of the game that are obviously bad.

I'm just glad we can choose to use the normal MH dialog or switch off the npc.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 months ago#9
LonelyGaruga posted...

It's not bad by any measure. Then again, I played tons of games as a teenager with legitimately bad voice acting, like Sonic Adventure and House of the Dead, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
3 months ago#10
To be fair, while there are certainly some really awful jobs done with Sonic Adventure's voice acting that definitely warrant a favorable comparison for the Handler, as a whole, I would say Sonic Adventure did a better job (I too played it, as a kid). And there were some actually good roles like Gamma and, for the most part, Eggman (as a hammy megalomaniac, his voice actor really sells that role, although he does an incomparably better job in SA2).

That being said, it is a little early to say whether or not the voice acting as a whole is bad or not, but for the Handler? Definitely an annoying performance so far.
Monster Hunter elitist legend. I am one of the main reasons elitism exists today on MH boards. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Dear God, please tell me you can turn off that awful voice 'acting'.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived