Are you guys going solo first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Are you guys going solo first?

User Info: SorrowOfAcheron

SorrowOfAcheron
1 week ago#1
Since we have the option now, are you guys gonna go solo or online right off the bat?
I might complete the main story first Pike in the past but group hunting is great so I don't know. Definitely wanna know how the new monsters feel solo as well.

Also, are you gonna follow the GameFaqs board as you hunt, for Pike possible tips and things you missed, or are you going blind-ish?
I don't wanna spoil what monsters I might find but I also love engaging with a board when a new game releases so I'm conflicted on that too.

Still over a month out, but I thought I'd ask.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

User Info: -soy-

-soy-
1 week ago#2
definitely solo.
i want to absorb the new stuff as much as i could without distraction from others.

but they did mention that they focused to give good online experiences so i might go online as soon as i got grasp of how things works. don't want to "accidentally" finish the game alone if playing the story with others might give me somewhat richer experience.

as a completionist, my worst nightmare in videogames is missables. so yeah, i'll be checking gfaqs regularly for those kind of stuff.
that stupid charm table on 3u almost screwed me up big time.
it's crazy how some people on gfaqs refuses to accept differences. i'm almost traumatized just to have a different opinion... friggin commies.

User Info: Round_Dice

Round_Dice
1 week ago#3
I'll solo each monster first and co-op for farming and missions with monsters I already know how to fight.
Additional self-imposed challenges I'll leave for the endgame.

User Info: Fear_Awakens

Fear_Awakens
1 week ago#4
I don't like working with others until I know what I'm doing, so I intend to solo as much as I can first. I'll finish the entire story offline, then might go online after that.

Largely because online players are ass hats nine out of ten times, and nothing I've heard about the MH community makes me eager to subject myself to that any time soon. I figure if I go online too soon, I'll be ripped to shreds for daring to be a newbie and that would ruin the fun for me.

So I'll be soloing for a long time, if not the whole time.
PSN: Fear_Awakens_You ---- DDDA Pawn: Monica, lv. 200 Mage
PSN: Kafriziel ----- DDDA Pawn: Guillaume, lv. 15 Fighter

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
1 week ago#5
I'm gonna go straight into the Anjanath quest to challenge Rathalos

>3
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12711349/1/Only-Eyes-For-You
PSN: FF7_Lissy

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
1 week ago#6
I've always played primarily solo in MH, so yeah, I'm gonna continue with that. Co-op games are just way too stressful for me to want to deal with most of the time.
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH

User Info: Ner0nitas

Ner0nitas
1 week ago#7
Fear_Awakens posted...
I don't like working with others until I know what I'm doing, so I intend to solo as much as I can first. I'll finish the entire story offline, then might go online after that.

Largely because online players are ass hats nine out of ten times, and nothing I've heard about the MH community makes me eager to subject myself to that any time soon. I figure if I go online too soon, I'll be ripped to shreds for daring to be a newbie and that would ruin the fun for me.

So I'll be soloing for a long time, if not the whole time.

Exactly what I'm thinking.
I only go online if I know what I'm doing or if I hit a wall (like Goldbeard in MH3U).

User Info: Mitigwa

Mitigwa
1 week ago#8
I usually do a majority of story line before even touching online, but with this being a game I got other people interested in... migjt start doing coop from the start
70% Sarcasm
95% Garbage Posting

User Info: Round_Dice

Round_Dice
1 week ago#9
PolkaGnome posted...
I've always played primarily solo in MH, so yeah, I'm gonna continue with that. Co-op games are just way too stressful for me to want to deal with most of the time.

If you want a stress-free co-op buddy, just add me.
The only co-op rule I have is that you stay at the base camp if your cart twice and I most certainly won't kick you/leave after the mission is done if you do end up carting two times.

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
1 week ago#10
Nope I will be playing with a friend who has never played any monster hunter games so I'm gonna give them a hand.
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Are you guys going solo first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived