Does anyone else prefer female characters because the armor is better?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Does anyone else prefer female characters because the armor is better?

User Info: VioletZer0

VioletZer0
1 week ago#1
I am involved in fashion and costume design and a lot of the time male armors are just too much.

Too much shoulder pad, too much bulk. They look like walking boulders a lot of the time.

Female characters' armor looks far more sensibly designed from an aesthetic perspective because they dial it back a bit.

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 week ago#2
I totally agree. They are just so much more aesthetically pleasing. I am also a girl that likes to dress sexy, so I want my character to do the same.
Playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix while waiting for MH World!
PSN: RPGamer13, Twitch: JeannieLove13

User Info: raizeny

raizeny
1 week ago#3
A lot of people do.

The only armour I like it better on males is the Anjanath set.

User Info: SaroShadow

SaroShadow
1 week ago#4
I'm uncreative and just try to make my character look like me, and I name my characters after me, so I don't really care :p
GameFAQs: The largest collection on the internet of people misusing the word "objectively"
Kinda agree this time around. I usually play male in MH games, but so far all the female gear from trailers and videos has been looking better. I do like some of the male sets though, like the Oni Savage Odogaron set or that weird plague doctor set.

Still not sure which gender I'll ultimately end up choosing... Maybe I'll see how well I can juggle two characters, lol
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX / FFRK RW: 9GVD - Cloud - Finishing Touch
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 week ago#6
No one in history has ever preferred this.

TC is stupid and so is his topic.
Dedicated MHW Discord (WIP) https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LikeIIs

LikeIIs
1 week ago#7
Can't tell if this is a bait topic or not, but most of the MH female armor is so obviously pandering that I can't take it seriously even for a second.

Like, there has to be a team at Capcom whose sole duty is to take male armor designs and say, "How can we put a boob window in this one".
"TEACH ME ABOUT BAZONGAS!!!"
Completely disagree personally. Bulky armor looks more badass and realistic (if I'm fighting giant monsters you bet your ass im wearing as much protection as possible).

Whereas female armor just has to show some thigh or midriff. Who fights dragons looking like that?

Plus I see too many guys getting all pervy over their female character models so I just feel dirty playing female.
Oh, hogwash.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
1 week ago#9
Most of the male armour DOES look bulky and dumb. Some of the female armour is WAY too revealing to hunt monsters in though...
NNID: HardCor /// 3DS: 1633-4342-9490 /// gaming while walking on a treadmill...
current gen games in backlog due to Monster Hunter: 9

User Info: tmj005

tmj005
1 week ago#10
MildMannerdPate posted...
Completely disagree personally. Bulky armor looks more badass and realistic (if I'm fighting giant monsters you bet your ass im wearing as much protection as possible).

Whereas female armor just has to show some thigh or midriff. Who fights dragons looking like that?

Plus I see too many guys getting all pervy over their female character models so I just feel dirty playing female.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3nNJY-zz-aHq2RwbARXnOg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Does anyone else prefer female characters because the armor is better?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.