How hard is it to beat Conor, really?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. How hard is it to beat Conor, really?

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
1 year ago#11
It would take someone who has Diaz traits and better striking
I regret nothing
http://i.giftrunk.com/rv4b2c.gif

User Info: Baki187

Baki187
1 year ago#12
Via_Negativa posted...
bradmarchandfan posted...
I think kadd pointed out he used to do that before and had stopped in his fights before diaz 2

who gives a f*** what kadd says...

he knows f*** all about MMA... like the rest of y'all

dunno why you're putting this guy on pedestal like his opinion means s***..

You are hands down the worst poster on this board.

User Info: Via_Negativa

Via_Negativa
1 year ago#13
Baki187 posted...
Via_Negativa posted...
I think kadd pointed out he used to do that before and had stopped in his fights before diaz 2

at least i'm the best at something, unlike you...

i run PWB... u dun kno
What! The Farmclub! It's the mother f'ing -chika-chika- Farmclub!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJr8QDBH-3E

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 year ago#14
kick and wrassle
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: bradmarchandfan

bradmarchandfan
1 year ago#15
Baki187 posted...
Via_Negativa posted...

only person on my ignore list. not a single post with a hint of relevance.
haha im a kid and you cant do a thing about it...

User Info: TrueKu

TrueKu
1 year ago#16
Arlovski would wreck Conor. Dem backhandz.
Chief Scientician

User Info: AsianFury2020

AsianFury2020
1 year ago#17
Be his size or bigger
Kaze no yo ni Hayaku!

User Info: MICHALECOLE

MICHALECOLE
1 year ago#18
Prime Benson would have wrecked him >_>

Also Frankie anytime anywhere any weight

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
1 year ago#19
Lathissamus posted...
Mendes was doing good til he gasses. But Mendes is a different level wrestler than most.

Mendes was doing good until he got rocked in the face. That's what did him in.

Before that, he was taking Conor down at will. Conors takedown defense was completely non-existent. Haven't seen his wrestling ability or defense tested since that fight, which is why i really would like to see him up againsg Khabib. If it hasn't improved drastically, he's totally f***ed unless he can connect with one of his now trademark knockout blows.

I still think his popularity/success is HUGELY enhanced by his personality and out of the octagon antics. The guy does have some big wins, but among them are a fight with a very short notice Mendes, a flash knockout against Aldo that is seemingly forever going to go un-avenged despite how much i think every fan would like to see a rematch of, and this up a weight class(which of course puts him at a more healthy and natural size, not like he's going up against guys dwarfing him, quite the opp) win against a fighter who clearly was never going to be a dominant champ or imposing lasting top figure anyways. In between that we have pure domination at the hands of Nate Diaz and a more competitive decision win in Conors favor. He's no Jon Jones by any stretch. I think there's been a great deal of luck, either with a shocking quick knockout against Aldo(not saying skill played no part of course, but i think 9/10 times that fight is at the very least a LOT harder for him) or with matchups that are very much in his favor. He's managed to avoid top tier wrestling powerhouses, he's been able to enjoy his physiological gifts with that reach advantage in nearly all his bouts.

Nate Diaz showed the guy isn't unbeatable. I guess my main point with all this is no one should have even felt the need to make this thread. Clearly, it isn't some big mystery, this isn't a case of some freakishly good fighter who simply NO ONE seems to have an answer for and begs the question, "what does it take to beat this guy!?"

User Info: laundrysucks

laundrysucks
1 year ago#20
MHGALE posted...
It seems like he's deceptively fast. and his distance control seems to be getting a lot tighter as well.

Honestly I think the only guy at LW I'd favor over him currently is Khabib mainly cause I am very very sure Khabib could get him down and seems a little too Russian to be fazed by the mental warfare game (which it feels like Eddie was).

lol at khabib's russian-ness negating connors trash talk. I think you're right about it too haha
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. How hard is it to beat Conor, really?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived