Bruce Lee in MMA today fighting in his weight class. How does he do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. Bruce Lee in MMA today fighting in his weight class. How does he do?

User Info: CleanthonyE

CleanthonyE
8 months ago#41
freakzilla316ft posted...
Bruce Lee was a very quick learner. If he was fighting today he would learn how to grapple and BJJ. He'd be champ for sure.

based on what

what on earth have you seen or read that leads you to believe this
http://i.imgur.com/3XxjuHT.gifv

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
8 months ago#42
ChandlerParsons posted...
Foreman22 posted...
He would get destroyed, even in standup only fights. Watch his bag work videos, he is incredibly slow for his size and looks like a dude with 6 months of training.

It's this kind of mentality that allows me to still laugh. Lee was a physical marvel. Maybe the fastest reaction time in recorded history. If you honestly believe these hacks posing as martial artists or fighters of today could last one round with him well you are sadly mistaken.

Like this is all complete bulls*** lol

Dude wasn't even a championship caliber fighter in his own era but y'all think he wouldn't get murdered by TJ or Aldo

Bruh TJ or Aldo, he'd get rekt by old man BJ. Brad Pickett would ko Bruce Lee.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. - Sun Tzu

User Info: greese1

greese1
8 months ago#43
primal_force posted...
CanuckCowboy posted...
CleanthonyE posted...
sage at best is a nice comparison

the dude was an actor not some legendary fighter, blows my mind people still think that in literal 2017

Yeah I really don't get it. How do people not take one half of a second to think "oh yeah this guy literally never had a documented competitive fight ever."

No one goes on about other action stars being these incredible legendary fighters. But that Bruce Lee mysticism... Weird.

I'm a Jackie Chan and Donnie yen fanboy and a half but I'm not going on about them being able to be top notch mma fighters. Even though they'd probly whoop on Lee tbh.

If a guy has never fought there's a pretty good chance he's not that amazing a fighter.

Jackie in his youth was a tiger. Even in Rumble in the Bronx he still looked good. He's another guy that gets overlooked due to his movies somehow negating his martial arts knowledge.

Because Jackie Chan will admit he can't fight, he did wushu which is more to do with dancing than fighting.

User Info: TrueKu

TrueKu
8 months ago#44
TrueKu posted...
This has been discussed at length and proven time and time again.
He'd be champion.

His toenails have a higher IQ than the entire UFC roster combined.

I've yet to see a single piece of evidence that Bruce Lee was an elite fighter

Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or creep, or drip, or crash. Be water, my friend.
Chief Scientician

User Info: ChandlerParsons

ChandlerParsons
8 months ago#45
TrueKu posted...
TrueKu posted...
He'd be champion.

Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or creep, or drip, or crash. Be water, my friend.

LOL
http://imgur.com/aDYvnqD http://imgur.com/1ApHjdm
Shut it down, let's go home!

User Info: CanuckCowboy

CanuckCowboy
8 months ago#46
TrueKu posted...
TrueKu posted...
He'd be champion.

10/10
"Wear my feelins on my sleeveless my weed seedless my trees leafless I miss my diagonal grilled cheeses n back when Mike Jackson was still Jesus."

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
8 months ago#47
Dude wasn't even a championship caliber fighter in his own era but y'all think he wouldn't get murdered by TJ or Aldo

Based off what? Your incoherent opinion? Why do you think no one has copied some of Lee's most famous feats? Because they have never been another human being like him speed wise or for pound to pound strength.
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

User Info: AestheticaLZ

AestheticaLZ
8 months ago#48
Foreman22 posted...
Based off what? Your incoherent opinion? Why do you think no one has copied some of Lee's most famous feats? Because they have never been another human being like him speed wise or for pound to pound strength.

Holy s***.

You really believe this dude was some real life gaming super hero.
You call her Stephanie?
I call her Headphanie

User Info: ChandlerParsons

ChandlerParsons
8 months ago#49
Foreman22 posted...

Uh based off the fact that he never won any championships in competition?
http://imgur.com/aDYvnqD http://imgur.com/1ApHjdm
Shut it down, let's go home!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. Bruce Lee in MMA today fighting in his weight class. How does he do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived