More proof that Mike Mearls doesn't even know what he's talking about

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pencil+Paper RPGs
  3. More proof that Mike Mearls doesn't even know what he's talking about

User Info: LobsterDandy

LobsterDandy
5 years ago#141
The game essentially stopped for fighters at level 9. After that they would gain 2 hit points and improve their THAC0 and that was it.
I believe in Artemis Hound & John Magnum
The heroes 215 deserve.

User Info: Fenris_Lathiin

Fenris_Lathiin
5 years ago#142
The game essentially stopped for fighters at level 9. After that they would gain 2 hit points and improve their THAC0 and that was it.

Pretty much.

Here's the thing about running an army. You can't do jack **** with it. I mean, you can't take it into a dungeon, you can't really use it unless you're fighting a war, which, let's be honest, doesn't ****ing happen in Dungeons and Dragons. You might fight in a war, but you're not really sitting back in your castle, sending orders via runners because that's not fun. I guess you could use it as some kind of political clout, but I don't know.

It goes back to Gygax's complete misunderstanding of what people were actually going to do with his game.
This sig is original!

User Info: kokushishin

kokushishin
5 years ago#143
A good kit would make them marginally better in some areas, but most of those are still he equivalent of a 3.x bonus feat.

The weapon style bonuses, grand mastery specialization etc. are like a more picky version of 4E's Fighter Weapon Talent and _____ Expertise.
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!

User Info: n00bdragon

n00bdragon
5 years ago#144
Two people have dropped from today's game. We are down to two players. I need some people ASAP.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
John Adams (1735 - 1826)

User Info: Crossfiyah

Crossfiyah
5 years ago#145
Dammit, I really want to play. So I can properly mock this abortion. Why'd they drop out?
"CROSSFIYAAAAAAH!" counter: OVER 9000
Official PIttsburgh Penguins fan of Board 8

User Info: Fenris_Lathiin

Fenris_Lathiin
5 years ago#146
I had an interview that went way too long and I'm honestly not feeling all that good anymore. I also can't get my copy to download either, but that's not really much of an issue as far as .pdfs go.
This sig is original!

n00bdragon
5 years ago#147
Game canceled. Shutting down the server. :/

Doesn't look like we missed much anyway.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
John Adams (1735 - 1826)

User Info: Pieke Okata

Pieke Okata
5 years ago#148
I dropped because I got called in to work. Playing a nebulous version of D&D takes a back seat to my actual job.
I dont trust any of the tastes of people who were born with such good taste that they didnt need to find their way through trash.

User Info: Crossfiyah

Crossfiyah
5 years ago#149
Any chance of rescheduling?
"CROSSFIYAAAAAAH!" counter: OVER 9000
Official PIttsburgh Penguins fan of Board 8

n00bdragon
5 years ago#150
I'm busy today and Saturday. What about Sunday? Can people play then?
John Adams (1735 - 1826)
  1. Boards
  2. Pencil+Paper RPGs
  3. More proof that Mike Mearls doesn't even know what he's talking about

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived