Do you play any "social" RPGs? What's your opinion of them?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Everything Else
  3. Do you play any "social" RPGs? What's your opinion of them?

User Info: Superrpgman

Superrpgman
4 years ago#41
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
Well I had no idea what a social game was or anything about this one...

.....playing it now, it's enjoyable. Not a mindblowing experience but i've played much much much worse.

I wouldn't have given it the time of day if 1: Everything couldn't have been gotten for free and 2: It didn't have the avengers/marvel license.

Yeah, this is definately different from most F2P games.
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill

User Info: Gaming_Pal_TEJ

Gaming_Pal_TEJ
4 years ago#42
The more I play this game the more I like it.

There's a lot of resource management, and a fair bit of strategy if you don't mindlessly grind.
Hooah!

Superrpgman
4 years ago#43
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
The more I play this game the more I like it.

There's a lot of resource management, and a fair bit of strategy if you don't mindlessly grind.

Yeah, I hear you man! Damn is this game fun!

Not sure what you mean by resource management perse though. And yeah, both the different types of characers alongside the huge variety of attacks adds a lot of strategy.

Oh, and assuming that you're on playdom, I'd like to add you. my username is tuxedomystery.

Gaming_Pal_TEJ
4 years ago#44
well deciding what to spend the various currencies you get on {aside from silver coins you gotta think a bit before spending the 5 other currency types}, decidng who goes on extra missions to be taken, which avengers get level upgrades {same as one}

and playdom? if that's pvp I have no interest in it.
Hooah!

Superrpgman
4 years ago#45
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
well deciding what to spend the various currencies you get on {aside from silver coins you gotta think a bit before spending the 5 other currency types}, decidng who goes on extra missions to be taken, which avengers get level upgrades {same as one}

and playdom? if that's pvp I have no interest in it.

Playdom is where I go to play Avengers Alliance. Basically, you can play it on facebook or playdom. I recommend playdom because it's a lot easier to get allies, plus from what I hear, they have a lot of exclusive events happen on playdom. And yeah, there's a lot of little things in general that I like about playdom over facebook, although I'm currently having issues with the website(It's an issue with me and a few others, so you'll probably be fine. if not, I can link you to the older version of the viewer.)

I myself don't care about pvp either btw.

Oh, and word of advice. Get a bunch of people on your friend list, and keep hitting the visit button every day, and you'll have more shield points than you know what to do with.

Gaming_Pal_TEJ
4 years ago#46
I think this is a very fun game :)

no need to spend extra money on it as well, it's fairly generous with the rewards it gives.

and uh I play it on facebook.
Hooah!

User Info: chocomog

chocomog
4 years ago#47
i'm interested to see if you guys still like the game after a couple weeks. usually these kind of games get grindier and more pay to win the further you get.
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemontacticssrpg/home
Pokemon Tactics: The fan made Pokemon SRPG

Gaming_Pal_TEJ
4 years ago#48
If I get tired of it ill just stop playing.
Hooah!

User Info: Justincblount

Justincblount
4 years ago#49
I used to play a text game on Myspace called Ag3nts. It was interesting, up until inflation inevitably destroyed it.

I was invited by the leader of the top gang, did good business, grew into his top attacker, got smashed by veteran rivals while making life hard for them, got bullied so hard I almost quit, then became the top player in the game after told to quit whining about it and get stronger. I then proceeded to control a contest single-handedly by keeping everyone in the hospital and unable to play normally for the entire 2 days. It was very satisfying, until they all fed their level points to my rivals who passed me again. I did the "honorable" thing and apologized to the one I liked, asking her to please stop killing me. :p

The game is dead now, but my point is this game was in TEXT... other players made it interesting. They set the challenge, the conflict, alliances, made me want to kill them so bad, etc. Social games are the future of gaming.

Superrpgman
4 years ago#50
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
I think this is a very fun game :)

no need to spend extra money on it as well, it's fairly generous with the rewards it gives.

and uh I play it on facebook.

I cannot stress this enough man. Play on Playdom. You are missing out on several awesome features.
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Everything Else
  3. Do you play any "social" RPGs? What's your opinion of them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived