SMT in a list, and what's next?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Everything Else
  3. SMT in a list, and what's next?

User Info: EgoKiller801

EgoKiller801
2 months ago#31
FINISH YOUR GOT DAMN GAMES. This isn't a request, it's a demand.
http://i.imgur.com/YOs6vEi.png?1

User Info: JunpeiIori

JunpeiIori
2 months ago#32
dfc82 posted...
I'd personally be terrified to buy or sell an item of that value online with the rampant scams on both sides. I think I told this story before, but I bought a copy of EVO (via FB video game group and Paypal) for $175 and received an empty box in the mail. And then was called a scammer when I confronted the seller on it. I did get my money back but it was a nightmare.

That really sucks. About 6 years ago, a friend of mine tried to sell his copy of Little Samson online. He sent it out and never received his payment. He was selling it for about $300, when I was offering him $200, and now you can easily get $600-700 for it, without breaking a sweat.

I despise what the Internet has done to retro gaming.

Don't trust GameStop's retro game program, either. Their quality control is horrendous and they take TONS of fake games in, fail to confirm they're fake after they've reached their main facility, then proceed to sell them to people. Luckily, you can get your money back with them, but it's better not to support them at all.
@TyLegacyControl
She's my Rushmore, Max.

User Info: EgoKiller801

EgoKiller801
2 months ago#33
JunpeiIori posted...

It's bad. The greediest people got their hands wet with it and now it's a potential minefield. Everything has to be questioned. Gone are the days of knowing what you're paying for is what you're getting, and gone are the days of reasonable prices. You can't even get new things that are retro-related without horrible people getting to it first like the NES/SNES Classic.
http://i.imgur.com/YOs6vEi.png?1

User Info: Skyway_Corsair

Skyway_Corsair
2 months ago#34
JunpeiIori posted...

The alternative is for the internet to just completely ignore retro gaming.

User Info: JunpeiIori

JunpeiIori
2 months ago#35
EgoKiller801 posted...
It's bad. The greediest people got their hands wet with it and now it's a potential minefield. Everything has to be questioned. Gone are the days of knowing what you're paying for is what you're getting, and gone are the days of reasonable prices. You can't even get new things that are retro-related without horrible people getting to it first like the NES/SNES Classic.

Yup, precisely.

Skyway_Corsair posted...
The alternative is for the internet to just completely ignore retro gaming

I'm talking about the economy of it and the trust that what you're buying is a legitimate product. There's more scammers and people looking to make a quick buck than there are legit purveyors.
@TyLegacyControl
She's my Rushmore, Max.

User Info: Skyway_Corsair

Skyway_Corsair
2 months ago#36
Oh I thought you meant "people talking about retro gaming caused prices to spike, it should have stayed underground" type of thinking.
  1. Boards
  2. RPGs - Everything Else
  3. SMT in a list, and what's next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived