The Wire is boring

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: coolio2cool

coolio2cool
5 years ago#1
I'm on episode 5, everyone tells me to push on push on. Its nothing but talking :\ I'm afraid the show just isn't for me and don't want to waste anymore of my time, but everyone says to keep at it. Anyone else feel/felt this way?
I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. The first and the last ...And you shall be as gods... -Xenogears

User Info: Masho

Masho
5 years ago#2
I give up...
Currently Catching Up On: Big Brother

User Info: TheBWS

TheBWS
5 years ago#3
One of my favorites, and in my opinion the greatest show to ever air.

That said, why watch a show you don't want to watch?
What's the forth one?

User Info: SuperExcitebike

SuperExcitebike
5 years ago#4
None of us really like The Wire. It's just a joke that everyone is in on to get people to waste their time with a boring show.

Got em!
"You'll have to excuse Comet. He doesn't know he's a horse."
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7273/millionares.jpg

User Info: RespectTheIMD

RespectTheIMD
5 years ago#5
Then don't watch it.
Why aren't you playing Dragon's Dogma?

User Info: Vyyk

Vyyk
5 years ago#6
I can accept that the show gets good. But the first episode is nothing more than a well written procedural. It's no surprise that people give up on it.
"General Skywalker embraces Han Solo, the underground contact.Han is a huge,
green skinned monster with no nose and large gills."

User Info: FezWhatley

FezWhatley
5 years ago#7
I almost gave up on The Wire after two episodes. After finishing the entire series and watching the first season again a year later I was like "what an idiot I was for thinking that this was boring"
"Calmo, calmo..." -Patrice O'Neal, RIP big man.
Once again broadcasting live from beautiful midtown Manhattan!

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
5 years ago#8
I tried it as well. It's basically the God of shows mentioned on this board the the Broadcast board, and since I've enjoyed the majority of shows recommended here, I was really looking forward to it when I bought season 1. After 6 or so episodes.. I couldn't take it. I found none of the characters likable, I found the dialogue horrendous (literally EVERY character says either s*** or f*** constantly, not to mention the incomprehensible slang; it's unrealistic- not every human living in Baltimore talks like this), I thought the story line (what little there was) was boring, the stupid nicknames forced on almost every character felt contrived, and in the first time every watching a show in the middle of the day.. I nodded off. And no one can use the, "u jus dunt leik slo movin shos!" argument, since shows like Mad Men and Six Feet Under are some of my favorites.

I won't criticize anyone who loves it, and I openly admit I've only seen basically half of the first season, but I honestly don't see where the hype comes from. Maybe I'll try again at a later date, but I feel no incentive right now.
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.

User Info: alexander9

alexander9
5 years ago#9
Yeah Crono pretty much hits the nail right on the head, it is a ridiculously unrealistic show and the writing sucks.
http://i.imgur.com/OPMHf.gif
http://i52.tinypic.com/iwj8et.gif

User Info: lilchao

lilchao
5 years ago#10
It took me a surprisingly long amount of time, but I ended up loving The Wire. Had the same problem as TC and Crono during season 1 but season 2 got better. When season 3 started stepping up, I was loving it.
PSN: FreakingWesley, XBL: FreakingWess, Steam: FreakingWesley
http://backloggery.com/freakingwesley

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived