I have a feeling GOT Season 3 wll be the highest ever rated season on Metacritic

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. I have a feeling GOT Season 3 wll be the highest ever rated season on Metacritic

User Info: SSJ 4 Vegitto

SSJ 4 Vegitto
4 years ago#1
80/80

BB Season 5 sits at the top spot with a 99, and The Wire Season 4 is second with a 98. Mind you these ratings are usually only for the first 3 or 4 episodes of a season.

I think it has a realistic shot of also hitting a 99 or maybe even 100. It's too bad the ratings don't go back a bit further. I would have been curious to see what earlier seasons of The Wire and The Sopranos would have gotten.
http://www.last.fm/user/rifler26
Now I understand why men look to the ceaseless sky.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
4 years ago#2
I am not really familiar with Metacritic, but if it is based on the first few episodes, that might not work in S3 favor of GoT - but should mean S4 gets a 100

User Info: Bmvc1

Bmvc1
4 years ago#3
I'm going with a 92

User Info: Brett8

Brett8
4 years ago#4
I highly doubt it, but I don't care much anyway. I adore the show, and the critics showed their limited utility in rating Season 2 above Season 1 on Metacritic. And don't even get me started on the NYT reviews.
http://www.last.fm/user/Brettyb16

User Info: Wstonefi

Wstonefi
4 years ago#5
Yeah - season 1 got a 79 on metacritic, and season 2 got an 88. Based on that, I conclude that the rating system they use is wonky.

And in any case, season 3 probably isn't going to be that much better than season 1, especially not in the first few episodes.

User Info: Dagoth_Wit

Dagoth_Wit
4 years ago#6
It isn't 80/80 if you have to misspell a word to fit.
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.

User Info: SSJ 4 Vegitto

SSJ 4 Vegitto
4 years ago#7
Dagoth_Wit posted...

Good catch, I didn't even notice.
http://www.last.fm/user/rifler26
Now I understand why men look to the ceaseless sky.

User Info: Dagoth_Wit

Dagoth_Wit
4 years ago#8
SSJ 4 Vegitto posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...

Good catch, I didn't even notice.

Is it weird that I feel compelled to count the characters when people claim 80/80?
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.

User Info: KrulWarrior

KrulWarrior
4 years ago#9
I really doubt that it will touch 98 and above. Maybe low-mid 90, but it would take something REALLY special to dethrone Season 4 of The Wire (BB hasn't finished yet, so it's hard to tell where it will end up, but I don't see it moving too much).
GT: Krul Warrior

User Info: HHH is the game

HHH is the game
4 years ago#10
Season 2 was LIGHT YEARS better than Season 1.

Season 1 picked up at the end but was a HORRIBLE first few episodes which took dialogue from the books but left out al non-dialogue characterization.

Season 2 adapted the book more loosely now focusing on the overall purpose of the novel and not line by line adaptation thus making it a much better TV show and thus making it closer to the book in feel.

Those that like Season 1 better probably read the novels and filled in characterization to make it interesting in their heads. The first episode was so bad. They explained nothing and through a bunch of characters at the wall.
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. I have a feeling GOT Season 3 wll be the highest ever rated season on Metacritic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived