The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

User Info: art_of_the_kill

art_of_the_kill
2 months ago#261
fon1988 posted...
I may be in the small minority here but here is how I would rank the seasons of this show so far:

Season 5
Season 6
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Season 7
Season 4

Season 5 is my least favorite by a mile, whereas season 4 was my favorite.

I'd rank them:

Season 4
Season 3
Season 2
Season 1
Season 7
Season 6
Season 5

Glad to see you appreciate season 2, though. People tend to rank season 2 low, but honestly, I think season 2 was great. Shane's gradual descent into antagonism was done really well, and I like that we got a period where Rick was still struggling with killing before he became a rather merciless killer in season 3 and beyond.

For me, season 5 was awful mostly due to the hospital arc, which was, without question, the show's most pointless arc to date. I also think the season 5 finale could be a legitimate contender for worst episode of the show.
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
2 months ago#262
art_of_the_kill posted...
fon1988 posted...
I may be in the small minority here but here is how I would rank the seasons of this show so far:

Season 5
Season 6
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Season 7
Season 4

I'd rank them:

Season 4
Season 3
Season 2
Season 1
Season 7
Season 6
Season 5

Glad to see you appreciate season 2, though. People tend to rank season 2 low, but honestly, I think season 2 was great. Shane's gradual descent into antagonism was done really well, and I like that we got a period where Rick was still struggling with killing before he became a rather merciless killer in season 3 and beyond.

For me, season 5 was awful mostly due to the hospital arc, which was, without question, the show's most pointless arc to date. I also think the season 5 finale could be a legitimate contender for worst episode of the show.

I really really liked Season 2. It had so many great moments of interpersonal relationships and you're right, watching Shane become an antagonist was amazing. The build up to Rick finally stabbing him to death is quite possibly my favorite moment of the whole show.

Now I will agree with you that Season 5 had a horrible story arc (the hospital) but I really enjoyed everything else about it.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: spanky1

spanky1
2 months ago#263
1 and 2 both will always be the best imo.

I love the Dale era, lol.
http://i.imgur.com/DCjoiZ0.jpg

User Info: ninjarobot_22

ninjarobot_22
2 months ago#264
fon1988 posted...
art_of_the_kill posted...
fon1988 posted...

Season 5
Season 6
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Season 7
Season 4

I'd rank them:

Season 4
Season 3
Season 2
Season 1
Season 7
Season 6
Season 5

I really really liked Season 2. It had so many great moments of interpersonal relationships and you're right, watching Shane become an antagonist was amazing. The build up to Rick finally stabbing him to death is quite possibly my favorite moment of the whole show.

Now I will agree with you that Season 5 had a horrible story arc (the hospital) but I really enjoyed everything else about it.

Me

Season 3
Season 2
Season 1
Season 4
Season 6
Season 7
Season 5

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
2 months ago#265
You have a lot of other things on your mind than some TV show, so you can't be bothered to remember every little detail about said show right?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here--are you criticizing my attentiveness, or are you making a point about the attentiveness of most viewers and forgiving us for that?

It's true that we're all busy and preoccupied. That said, I usually pay close attention to what I'm watching, and I can likely tell you what happened in a specific episode of TWD if you name it to me. I've followed the show for a long time and written about it a lot.

It's fairly clear to me at least that these first few episodes of the season are meant to be taken as a complete unit, not separate packages. The show probably could afford to communicate itself better with so much action going on.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt

User Info: ZeldaFan14

ZeldaFan14
2 months ago#266
We're ranking seasons? For me it'd go 4 > 1 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 3 > 5. Aside from the Terminus/Hunters in the beginning I absolutely hated season 5 & even almost stopped watching the show completely then. I'm glad I didn't though because it picked back up in season 6. Season 7 I felt mixed about overall but it was decent.
https://i.imgur.com/KzzkfrB.gif

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
2 months ago#267
I've finally hit the point of "yeah I should watch the episode sometime" tbh and I'm more forgiving of the show than most.

I still have yet to get around to watching last week's. Though, granted, that's because I've been obsessively playing Mario in all my free time >_>
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: XxKrazyChaosxX

XxKrazyChaosxX
2 months ago#268
Welp, here we go.
"I woke up at four am by accident in time for the paper to be delivered. Guess what? It's not a kid on a bike, it's a man in a car." - Kevin Malone

User Info: Dondre_X

Dondre_X
2 months ago#269
Itll be funny if Daryl runs in and kills Morales before he can do anything else.
Dondre......
FC:0104-4075-8605 IGN Donnell

User Info: XxKrazyChaosxX

XxKrazyChaosxX
2 months ago#270
Dondre_X posted...
Itll be funny if Daryl runs in and kills Morales before he can do anything else.

LOL.
"I woke up at four am by accident in time for the paper to be delivered. Guess what? It's not a kid on a bike, it's a man in a car." - Kevin Malone
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived