Shameless Season 8 (spoilers)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Shameless Season 8 (spoilers)

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
4 weeks ago#31
Fiona was despicable last season also.

She makes the kids all pay rent to live there, even though she signed up to be their guardian, which means she has to take care of them until they're 18. Lip and Ian I get, but Debbie and Carl are still her responsibility, and she paid for Liam still.

And she makes Carl pay, even though it was his money that was used to buy the house in the first place.

She became really selfish, and even when she took custody of the kids way back in season 3, Jimmy/Steve and the judge both warned her that it would be tough and she would have to be in it for the long haul.

When you marathon the show, it really makes all the characters look kinda bad, except for Liam I guess.
The average American consumer is an entitled baby who cries when they can't get what they want.

User Info: toolittletime

toolittletime
4 weeks ago#32
Savoots posted...
Fiona was despicable last season also.

She makes the kids all pay rent to live there, even though she signed up to be their guardian, which means she has to take care of them until they're 18. Lip and Ian I get, but Debbie and Carl are still her responsibility, and she paid for Liam still.

And she makes Carl pay, even though it was his money that was used to buy the house in the first place.

She became really selfish, and even when she took custody of the kids way back in season 3, Jimmy/Steve and the judge both warned her that it would be tough and she would have to be in it for the long haul.

When you marathon the show, it really makes all the characters look kinda bad, except for Liam I guess.

The show always had to manufacture money issues, its the core of the show, even living in a hovel while at least 3 of them were earning great money has never been enough.
Before the season is over Fiona will lose everything she has and Frank will return to his nasty self.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it lives its whole life believing it's stupid. Albert Einstein

Savoots
4 weeks ago#33
toolittletime posted...
Before the season is over Fiona will lose everything she has and Frank will return to his nasty self.

I dunno, this show is really good at keeping characters consistent while also having character development that's organic to who they are.

Fiona has shown entrepreneurial interests before when she was a club promoter, and the only reason that didn't really work out was because of Monica and Frank.

If Frank stays on the up and up, then he won't f*** anything up for them and they can actually start at improvement.

Every character has improved over the course of the show, and if they're winding it down, hopefully they stay that way.
The average American consumer is an entitled baby who cries when they can't get what they want.

User Info: JimLahey

JimLahey
4 weeks ago#34
Debbie is f***ing insufferable.

I like the new Frank so far, it’ll be funny if his meth brain damage made him not an a******.
http://i.imgur.com/BBbEbol.png &%$@# http://last.fm/user/doesntexist420
http://i.imgur.com/2Lg6rHU.gif &%$@# http://vnnmusick.wordpress.com

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
4 weeks ago#35
The advice that Frank gave lip about dangling the carrot is going to backfire on himself. Mr. Supervisor making decent money and making ammends with people? I give it 4 more episodes tops.

The show is called Shameless, not My Name is Frank.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean

Savoots
4 weeks ago#36
Auto_Chrisbot posted...
The advice that Frank gave lip about dangling the carrot is going to backfire on himself. Mr. Supervisor making decent money and making ammends with people? I give it 4 more episodes tops.

Yeah I felt like that could've been foreshadowing.

But I hope learns that he can combine his intelligence (because he is a smart man) with his street smarts to really become successful.

It could also be foreshadowing when he stated how he was in his younger days before he met Monica.
Don't hate anyone because they're different. Variety is the spice of life.

Savoots
3 weeks ago#37
I think Frank may actually be redeeming himself.

He really helped out at the end there in the storage room, and then there was that line earlier from Trevor about grief changing people.
Don't hate anyone because they're different. Variety is the spice of life.

User Info: toolittletime

toolittletime
3 weeks ago#38
Savoots posted...
I think Frank may actually be redeeming himself.

He really helped out at the end there in the storage room, and then there was that line earlier from Trevor about grief changing people.

The question is, how many more episodes of good Francis do we have coming?
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it lives its whole life believing it's stupid. Albert Einstein

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
3 weeks ago#39
Ha, Fiona totally took inspiration from daddy Francis when telling off the blonde chick. I wonder if she even realizes that she did.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean

User Info: Nubcake13

Nubcake13
3 weeks ago#40
I love Kev
i have no sig
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Shameless Season 8 (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.