Anyone else just refuse to buy stuff from the concession stands?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Anyone else just refuse to buy stuff from the concession stands?

User Info: flagg2kplus

flagg2kplus
4 years ago#1
I mean, unless Im on a date and I dont want to look like a cheap ass, I wont buy stuff from the obscenely overpriced concession stands.

Seriously 5 dollars for a soda? 8 bucks for popcorn?

Screw that.
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never make it out alive.

User Info: Together4life

Together4life
4 years ago#2
flagg2kplus posted...
I mean, unless Im on a date and I dont want to look like a cheap ass, I wont buy stuff from the obscenely overpriced concession stands.

Seriously 5 dollars for a soda? 8 bucks for popcorn?

Screw that.

i agree
I buy houses anywhere in the United States.. email me at marcusbuyshouses@gmail.com

User Info: CheatumDaMidget

CheatumDaMidget
4 years ago#3
I buy stuff from my local theaters, stuff like pizza and beer. But at the multiplex no, the foods way to expensive.
Pokemon White FC - 2107 8842 3427

User Info: Billabong Joe

Billabong Joe
4 years ago#4
No, I know that concessions are the cinemas main form of income and I want to support them, plus it's more convenient then sneaking stuff in.
...and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.

User Info: Cory_Levy

Cory_Levy
4 years ago#5
I don't like to eat or drink anything while watching a movie. I think it distracts me and I want to focus on the film as much as possible. And yes, the prices are a little outrageous. I can only imagine how much money it costs a family to go to the theater these days. That has to be close to $50 with everything. If not more.

If I'm thirsty I might buy a bottle of water, but other than that I'm fine for two hours.
"Thrill me."
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfricyESxc1qbz2bjo1_1280.jpg

User Info: andrewl923

andrewl923
4 years ago#6
I will buy a large Coke since they do refill in AMC. I'm usually in there for 3-5 movies.

User Info: Leonheart10587

Leonheart10587
4 years ago#7
They have a full restaurant at my Cinemark 24. So anything you buy there you can carry it to the theater. Man I remember the Magic Johnson theaters, they had shrimp, chicken wings, biscuits.....hell it was a KFC inside those theaters.
Cory_Levy posted...
I don't like to eat or drink anything while watching a movie. I think it distracts me and I want to focus on the film as much as possible. And yes, the prices are a little outrageous. I can only imagine how much money it costs a family to go to the theater these days. That has to be close to $50 with everything. If not more.

If I'm thirsty I might buy a bottle of water, but other than that I'm fine for two hours.

This. And it annoys the **** out of me when I'm trying to enjoy a movie and all I hear is rustling plastic all around me. I know it's an issue on my end, people are expected to snack during a movie, but it drives me nuts and I want nothing to do with it.
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | 650W | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher

User Info: Zanzenburger

Zanzenburger
4 years ago#9
I tend to avoid it for the most part. Now that I'm married, though, my wife loves to share a large popcorn with me, so I'll spoil her every now and then.

The only times I do buy concessions is when we go to our local Drive In. They're a mom and pop business, and I definitely want to support one of the last drive ins in our state.
Wii U Nintendo ID: Zanzenburger
http://i.imgur.com/sk1nw.gif Zanzenburgers given: 240
I don't buy drinks because I don't go to the bathroom during a movie. If I got a drink, I'd most likely have to either go or be distracted by how uncomfortable I was by the end.

And I don't buy popcorn because what's the point of popcorn without soda?;)
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Anyone else just refuse to buy stuff from the concession stands?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived