Silence is top 5 Scorsese

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Silence is top 5 Scorsese

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
1 year ago#11
Is this a sequel to Hush?
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
1 year ago#12
rockus posted...
Have you seen all of Scorsese movies though?

I mean, I'm certainly looking forward to it but Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Mean Streets, King of Comedy, After Hours, Age of Innocence. There's a lot of competition for a Scorsese top 5

1. King of comedy
2. Goodfellas
3. Taxi Driver
4. Silence
5. Mean Streets

I honestly don't believe Silence is an overtly pro-Christian movie, which is where I think most of the major criticisms stem from.

User Info: rockus

rockus
1 year ago#13
TruthAndJustice posted...
rockus posted...

I mean, I'm certainly looking forward to it but Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Mean Streets, King of Comedy, After Hours, Age of Innocence. There's a lot of competition for a Scorsese top 5

1. King of comedy
2. Goodfellas
3. Taxi Driver
4. Silence
5. Mean Streets

I honestly don't believe Silence is an overtly pro-Christian movie, which is where I think most of the major criticisms stem from.

Nice. And yeah, from what I've heard about it I don't think that's the case either. Sounds good. Really can't wait for it to actually play near me.
http://thetramp.filmaf.com/owned
http://ReelFilmTome.com

User Info: YaBoyVegeta

YaBoyVegeta
1 year ago#14
rockus posted...

I've only seen three of his movies (that I can recall) and those were The Departed, Taxi Driver and and Goodfellas, I need to check the other ones out someday
Not changing this signature until the Lakers win another championship 6-26-16

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
1 year ago#15
I know it's really early to call it top 5, but there's a nagging feeling in my head that it'll be deemed an absolute classic in a few or more years time.

The more I think about it, the more I feel there's some harsh criticisms towards Christianity and religion in general but it's so subtle and easily interpreted in the other way that it'd be embraced by the most devout Christians quite easily. It's pretty f***ing clever. I need to watch it again.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Silence is top 5 Scorsese

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived