Who has tried Movie Pass?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Who has tried Movie Pass?

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
2 months ago#151
kaosnite posted...
I got mine in today and was going to use it to watch IT.

Too bad the app for it SUCKS. Apparently a bunch of others are having problems as well. For me the show times won't load up so I can't even reserve a ticket for myself. I knew there had to be some type of catch here. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

There is one theater by me that doesn't have movie show times appear. It's a dinner/movie place so I assumed it just wasn't eligible. Not sure if ineligible theaters are supposed to not show up at all or just have blank show times.

Sucks for everyone who didn't get their card yet. I got mine a couple weeks ago and have seen Planet of the Apes, Baby Driver, and Wind River, all at AMC no less. One day was Tuesday and they tried to sell me their Stubs membership. I declined and they said "Really? It's free and will make tonight's movie $5 instead of $12" I said "I've got it covered" and whipped out the MoviePass card. Pretty awesome
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: calinks

calinks
2 months ago#152
RaisinBizzle posted...
kaosnite posted...
I got mine in today and was going to use it to watch IT.

Too bad the app for it SUCKS. Apparently a bunch of others are having problems as well. For me the show times won't load up so I can't even reserve a ticket for myself. I knew there had to be some type of catch here. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

There is one theater by me that doesn't have movie show times appear. It's a dinner/movie place so I assumed it just wasn't eligible. Not sure if ineligible theaters are supposed to not show up at all or just have blank show times.

Sucks for everyone who didn't get their card yet. I got mine a couple weeks ago and have seen Planet of the Apes, Baby Driver, and Wind River, all at AMC no less. One day was Tuesday and they tried to sell me their Stubs membership. I declined and they said "Really? It's free and will make tonight's movie $5 instead of $12" I said "I've got it covered" and whipped out the MoviePass card. Pretty awesome

Owned. That's also another reason why AMC is probably pissed haha.

I still have my paid rewards card membership. Actually maybe they made that free now. Either way I like the rewards points benefit and the ability to cut the line which has saved my butt three times this year. Few things better than walking into the box office, seeing its packed full of people and you will have to wiait 5-8 minutes while already running late. Then you look over and see the stubs member line is totally empty and you just waltz over and get served next LOL.
Dragon Age is hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJVUPPegMY

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
2 months ago#153
I used mine for the second time today when I stopped and picked up tickets for a showing of American Assassin tonight. Worked without a problem. Guy at theatre box office didn't even look at the card, just swiped it.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
2 months ago#154
I Just used it for the first time using my dad's phone for American Assassin! Success! What was weird though is that I tried to get into an earlier time at 2:30, but it wouldn't let me.. It was a regular showtime, but that showtime also had some dbox seats.. Dumb that it wouldn't let me because of that.

But man, I'm living the high life... unlimited movies for $10 a month.. and unlimited free small popcorn at cinemark via online customer satisfaction surveys.
HarryWarden posted...
I used mine for the second time today when I stopped and picked up tickets for a showing of American Assassin tonight. Worked without a problem. Guy at theatre box office didn't even look at the card, just swiped it.

Wait what? I thought you could only use it once a day?
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: superstud69x

superstud69x
2 months ago#155
I signed up for it just now.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

User Info: calinks

calinks
2 months ago#156
Ive had mine for a week but havent used it yet. Just in a weird spot where there isn't much I want to see out right now.
Dragon Age is hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJVUPPegMY

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
2 months ago#157
calinks posted...
Ive had mine for a week but havent used it yet. Just in a weird spot where there isn't much I want to see out right now.

See IT :)

User Info: razid

razid
2 months ago#158
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this topic yet but I've heard it's hard to cancel memberships and they have pretty high fees for cancelling
Take care of yourself

User Info: thesmark

thesmark
2 months ago#159
razid posted...
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this topic yet but I've heard it's hard to cancel memberships and they have pretty high fees for cancelling

Their current user agreement has no fee to cancel (they did in the past though)
A's/Raiders/Warriors/Duke/Stanford
My quest to watch and review all 537 Best Picture Nominees: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/228-movies-home-media/75486436

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
2 months ago#160
razid posted...

if you go to their website, it specifically says you can cancel at anytime.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Who has tried Movie Pass?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived