Stephen King's IT

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
4 months ago#41
LightSnake posted...
If Georgie was left in the street, it wouldn't have worked with Bill's belief he was just missing/kidnapped.

Yeah i agree with this. Years since i read the book but wouldnt finding a child with his arm ripped off spark a massive police manhunt for the killer? I know the adults are kind of ignorant to IT (can't see the blood in the bathroom ec) but it just seems a better motivation to have Georgie missing.

User Info: robellr13

robellr13
4 months ago#42
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
jsquad4136 posted...
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
3khc posted...
I was pleasantly surprised with the opening scene, yet slightly disappointed.

In the miniseries, I remember a line about Georgie's corpse being found in the street with his arms torn off like "a fly's wings". I liked how the movie had the balls to show a little boy wounded and crawling away, but wanted to see the fallout of the situation. Instead, It pulled Georgie completely into the sewer and the boy was never seen again.

Also, what ever happened to the kids imagining weapons? I know Bill kinda did it with the empty pistol, but where's the battery acid, you slime? And the silver slugs. I could have swore they made it a point in Chapter 2 where the adult Loser's Club would have a difficult time fighting It due to lack of imagination/belief since they are more mature.

But they didn't "have the balls" to show Beverley's father beating her or Henry using racial slurs against Mike, both of which were in the 1990 (PG-13) version... Hmmm...

And yet they DID "have the balls" to show the signs of her father's lust for his own daughter....

Not accurate to the novel. Try again.

so yeah, get your head out your ass.

Look into a mirror.

What, so if they don't have EVERY "ballsy" scene from the book then that means it's no good?

I never said that. This film is fantastic. Yes, they left out great things that were in the book (Hopefully there's an Extended cut on bluray and/or deleted scenes) but the film purposefully censors itself (or makes up things that were never in the novel) when it clearly never had to. That's what hurts this film.

Uh yes he did? In the book Her dad wanted to check if she was still "intact"
http://i.imgur.com/eQj8v9j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PDLpYTW.jpg?

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
4 months ago#43
You're really reaching... How is that sexual in any way? And Pennywise was controlling him when that happened, so... There's nothing to back up these molestation/rape claims.
Which dystopia do you want to live in? Huxley or Orwell? - AtmosOmega
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
4 months ago#44
Bobsy84 posted...
LightSnake posted...
If Georgie was left in the street, it wouldn't have worked with Bill's belief he was just missing/kidnapped.

Yeah i agree with this. Years since i read the book but wouldnt finding a child with his arm ripped off spark a massive police manhunt for the killer? I know the adults are kind of ignorant to IT (can't see the blood in the bathroom ec) but it just seems a better motivation to have Georgie missing.

Remember...Derry is Pennywise's territory. It won't LET there be more hysteria than necessary. Same reason the FBI isn't there about the string of child killings. Brutal child deaths are not out of the ordinary in Derry
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

LightSnake
4 months ago#45
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
You're really reaching... How is that sexual in any way? And Pennywise was controlling him when that happened, so... There's nothing to back up these molestation/rape claims.

How i-

...okay. You clearly missed in the book where Alvin Marsh obsesses with Beverly's activities with boys and her mother tries to tactfully ask her about her father being 'inappropriate.' King is very clear that Alvin lusts after his daughter, and Pennywise can't do much when the feeling isn't already there.

You don't think ordering a girl to remove her pants so you can examine her vagina to see if she has a hymen is sexual? Like, the f***? Beverly's dad absolutely lusted for her in the book.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
4 months ago#46
LightSnake posted...
You don't think ordering a girl to remove her pants so you can examine her vagina to see if she has a hymen is sexual?

No. Gynaecologists do it every day. There's nothing sexual about it. He was just making sure she's not "whoring around". The claims of molestation/lust are just false.
Which dystopia do you want to live in? Huxley or Orwell? - AtmosOmega
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

User Info: robellr13

robellr13
4 months ago#47
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
LightSnake posted...
You don't think ordering a girl to remove her pants so you can examine her vagina to see if she has a hymen is sexual?

No. Gynaecologists do it every day. There's nothing sexual about it. He was just making sure she's not "whoring around". The claims of molestation/lust are just false.

You got to be trolling. One does it for a living , the other is her literal father.
http://i.imgur.com/eQj8v9j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PDLpYTW.jpg?

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
4 months ago#48
robellr13 posted...
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
LightSnake posted...

You got to be trolling. One does it for a living , the other is her literal father.

Either a complete moron, or trolling. Both are pretty bad at this point.

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
4 months ago#49
He talks about how LIBRUL SNOWFLAKES ruined the movie in every topic about it, so I have to assume it's a weird gimmick.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

LightSnake
4 months ago#50
He does this on multiple boards. If he's a troll, he's a dedicated one.

If he's not, I hope someone calls child services

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived