Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

User Info: CrazyFool319

CrazyFool319
2 months ago#41
justme01588 posted...
Sir Will posted...
...no f***ing s***. I don't know why you would go into a movie, a superhero movie no less, expecting the main character to die. Even if they did die it wouldn't stick.

Let's not be disingenuous. Of course I didn't expect that. What I did expect was the movie to adhere to standard logic and common sense. Sure, it's a superhero movie, but that doesn't give it a free pass to throw out all logic and sense and absolutely destroy the immersion while doing so. Sorry if I want a little bit of suspense somewhere in this 2- hour- plus slog of a movie.

Peter is supposed to be a human infused with spider capabilities, he's not the Hulk. There really isn't any objective way to defend the absurdness of this movie other than to say "it is what is it". It's a very real criticism of the movie whether MCU fanboys want to accept it or not.

Trash movie.

Hang on there... you went into a comic book movie and expected standard logic and common sense? The guy got bit by a freaking spider and can now climb on walls, where is the common sense there. I literally i have a spider bite on my wrist right now and i tried to climb on a wall today and all i did was anger my wife.

Also Spiderman has long been determined to have super strength. He has been known to lift upwards of ten tons.
SEAHAWKS

User Info: FightersRevolt

FightersRevolt
2 months ago#42
How do we delete posters like you TC from here?
Trump regretful voter and apologist for the many rude, trolling and bigotry comments our supporters impose. They are mere 6 year olds that have access to PC

User Info: justme01588

justme01588
2 months ago#43
CrazyFool319 posted...
Hang on there... you went into a comic book movie and expected standard logic and common sense? The guy got bit by a freaking spider and can now climb on walls, where is the common sense there. I literally i have a spider bite on my wrist right now and i tried to climb on a wall today and all i did was anger my wife.

Also Spiderman has long been determined to have super strength. He has been known to lift upwards of ten tons.

Wow, MCU fanboys are doing an even worse job defending this trash flim then I expected. So basically the argument is because he was overpowered/invincible in the comics - that automatically means it translates well to film? Wow, what horrendous logic.

I am not familiar with the comics, but I generally like Spider Man as a character. So maybe the comic just sucks. If it's anything like Homecoming, then it definitely sucks.

Spider Man might at well just be Superman. What's really the difference when you get down to it? Hell, at least Superman has a weakness. What is Spider Man's weakness?

Oh and thanks to the poster who brought up the asinine scene of Iron Man and Spidey welding the ship back together. Oh man, thank God I am not tasked with defending that bull****.

Homecoming = terrible action scenes, bad villain and absurdly exaggerated display of Spiderman's powers. But you guys keep telling yourselves this was a good movie, it's actually quite funny watching people defend something that's so obviously poorly written, and if what you all say about the comics is true (his ability to defy death no matter what), then Spider man is a terrible character and that just makes the movie even worse.
Top 5 Games of All-Time: MGS3, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Streets of Rage 2, MGS1

User Info: tommy vercetti 2

tommy vercetti 2
2 months ago#44
Let me quote back my previous post since it was ignored:

tommy vercetti 2 posted...
Did you made the same complaints on all the past Spiderman films?
"Every story must have an ending," Auron
FC: 4425-2784-9455

justme01588
2 months ago#45
Let me quote back my previous post since it was ignored:

Did you made the same complaints on all the past Spiderman films?

No because as I stated previously, I expect a certain level of belief suspension when it comes to superhero movies. The problem is that Homecoming takes that suspension of belief requirement and cranks it to 11 while attaching it to a rocket headed for Pluto.
Top 5 Games of All-Time: MGS3, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Streets of Rage 2, MGS1

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
2 months ago#46
justme01588 posted...
CrazyFool319 posted...

Wow, MCU fanboys are doing an even worse job defending this trash flim then I expected. So basically the argument is because he was overpowered/invincible in the comics - that automatically means it translates well to film? Wow, what horrendous logic.

I am not familiar with the comics, but I generally like Spider Man as a character. So maybe the comic just sucks. If it's anything like Homecoming, then it definitely sucks.

Spider Man might at well just be Superman. What's really the difference when you get down to it? Hell, at least Superman has a weakness. What is Spider Man's weakness?

Oh and thanks to the poster who brought up the asinine scene of Iron Man and Spidey welding the ship back together. Oh man, thank God I am not tasked with defending that bull****.

Homecoming = terrible action scenes, bad villain and absurdly exaggerated display of Spiderman's powers. But you guys keep telling yourselves this was a good movie, it's actually quite funny watching people defend something that's so obviously poorly written, and if what you all say about the comics is true (his ability to defy death no matter what), then Spider man is a terrible character and that just makes the movie even worse.

Lol I don’t know if this is troll bait or not. Superman has a weakness but in your opinion Spider-Man doesn’t so Spider-Man’s the invincible one? You’ve got to be trying to troll. I’m done here, you’re a joke.

justme01588
2 months ago#47
rawkuss posted...
Superman has a weakness but in your opinion Spider-Man doesn’t so Spider-Man’s the invincible one?

Umm, actually that would be pretty sound logic. Not sure where you were trying to go with this.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
2 months ago#48
I never understood the whole “saying stupid stuff” to “troll” but if that’s what gets you off keep doing you. It’s plenty stupid the stuff you’re saying.

justme01588
2 months ago#49
rawkuss posted...
I never understood the whole “saying stupid stuff” to “troll” but if that’s what gets you off keep doing you. It’s plenty stupid the stuff you’re saying.

rawkuss defending this movie just makes me look more right and MCU fanboys look more stupid.

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
2 months ago#50
I didn't think the movie was really that good, just entertaining for the most part.

Spider-Man's power level has been inconsistent at times in the comics, but the general consensus is that he's strong enough to lift 10-20 tons and has a really rapid recovery rate.

However, the main "weakness" of most of his stories has always been life balance and threats to his loved ones, as most villains don't really stand a chance one on one. This was the case in Homecoming as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived