Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

User Info: Dbzk1999

Dbzk1999
3 weeks ago#51
Not gonna adreesjustme01588 posted...
tommy vercetti 2 posted...
Let me quote back my previous post since it was ignored:

Did you made the same complaints on all the past Spiderman films?

No because as I stated previously, I expect a certain level of belief suspension when it comes to superhero movies. The problem is that Homecoming takes that suspension of belief requirement and cranks it to 11 while attaching it to a rocket headed for Pluto.

Uh,

hrognamal posted...
In the first Raimi movie, Spidey survived a massive pumpkin bomb to the face.
He survived a massive fall twice in Spider-Man 2 and survived getting hit by an oncoming train.
In SM3, New Goblin repeatedly slammed him into concrete walls and glass windows.

Not even mentioning the fact that he was able to withstand sandman smashing him with blows so hard the ground was shaking.

So, how do you complain about homecoming but not the raimi films again?
Soon to be West Point cadet, living life to the fullest

User Info: Zeratul75

Zeratul75
3 weeks ago#52
hrognamal posted...
He survived a massive fall twice in Spider-Man 2 and survived getting hit by an oncoming train.
In SM3, New Goblin repeatedly slammed him into concrete walls and glass windows.

Spider-Man has insane durability in both the comics and movies, why wouldn't this Spider-Man have that?

And in Spider-Man 2 he stops the fall of a huge building wall with steel frames, keeps it held up for over 30 seconds against his back while having a conversation with MJ, and then lifts and throws the whole thing forward over his head. If anything that's probably a greater show of strength than lifting the concrete rubble in Homecoming.

User Info: The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin
3 weeks ago#53
This question has been answered tenfold and the TC just doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Spider-man is super strong (range of about 10-20 tones), has enhanced durability (able to survive high falls, velocity of web-swinging, being trampled by the Rhino or Hulk, etc) and a very minute healing factor (like "he'll be bandaged up for a day or so and then be fine" level of healing).

His weaknesses are that he's still not the strongest, he's still not the smartest, he's often stretched very thin balancing home and hero life, and he can still die.

The fact that this is seriously a gripe in this day and age is laughable. TC is either trolling or foolish. The choice, I leave up to him.
""GREEN GOBLIN""

User Info: Jigglybuff

Jigglybuff
3 weeks ago#54
Dbzk1999 posted...
Not gonna adreesjustme01588 posted...
Let me quote back my previous post since it was ignored:

Did you made the same complaints on all the past Spiderman films?

No because as I stated previously, I expect a certain level of belief suspension when it comes to superhero movies. The problem is that Homecoming takes that suspension of belief requirement and cranks it to 11 while attaching it to a rocket headed for Pluto.

Uh,

hrognamal posted...

Not even mentioning the fact that he was able to withstand sandman smashing him with blows so hard the ground was shaking.

So, how do you complain about homecoming but not the raimi films again?

To be fair in the Raimi films they actually showed him taking severe damage and what not. He legit looked like death after those fights. Homecoming not so much
3DS FC: 3179-7229-7079
Official Supergirl of the Injustice 2 board.

User Info: justme01588

justme01588
3 weeks ago#55
The Green Goblin posted...
This question has been answered tenfold and the TC just doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Spider-man is super strong (range of about 10-20 tones), has enhanced durability (able to survive high falls, velocity of web-swinging, being trampled by the Rhino or Hulk, etc) and a very minute healing factor (like "he'll be bandaged up for a day or so and then be fine" level of healing).

His weaknesses are that he's still not the strongest, he's still not the smartest, he's often stretched very thin balancing home and hero life, and he can still die.

The fact that this is seriously a gripe in this day and age is laughable. TC is either trolling or foolish. The choice, I leave up to him.

I have acknowledged that the past Spider Man movies show Peter Parker taking heavy damage. I have also stated that is to be expected from a super hero movie. My gripe with Homecoming is that it goes way, way ,waaaay too far. If you can't see that then I suggest you rewatch the movie. It's patently ridiculous, even for a super hero movie. And yes, it's a problem.

As the previous poster said, at least in the other Spidey movies, Peter is shown to be actually hurt in some cases. In Homecoming he's just flat out God-like.

Oh and to the poster who said Peter can die.....how? I would like someone to tell me how the Spiderman in the MCU can die when you consider everything he survived in Homecoming. Someone please tell me how Peter Parker could possibly be killed.
Top 5 Games of All-Time: MGS3, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Streets of Rage 2, MGS1

User Info: Dbzk1999

Dbzk1999
3 weeks ago#56
justme01588 posted...
The Green Goblin posted...

I have acknowledged that the past Spider Man movies show Peter Parker taking heavy damage. I have also stated that is to be expected from a super hero movie. My gripe with Homecoming is that it goes way, way ,waaaay too far. If you can't see that then I suggest you rewatch the movie. It's patently ridiculous, even for a super hero movie. And yes, it's a problem.

As the previous poster said, at least in the other Spidey movies, Peter is shown to be actually hurt in some cases. In Homecoming he's just flat out God-like.

Oh and to the poster who said Peter can die.....how? I would like someone to tell me how the Spiderman in the MCU can die when you consider everything he survived in Homecoming. Someone please tell me how Peter Parker could possibly be killed.

What I'm wondering is how the heck is it "way too far"?

Again, raimi's peter took a bomb to the face, got hit by a train, and was getting pounded by someone strong enough to make the ground shake with each blow, yet was still able to win after every one of those instances

And it's obvious how Spider-Man can die, considering he would've died had he not dug deep and muscled himself out of the concrete (which is a reference to one of the greatest moments in not only Spider-Man history, but also comic book history)
Soon to be West Point cadet, living life to the fullest

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
3 weeks ago#57
I did like the movie, but I thought it was easily the weakest out of the three MCU movies that have came out this year so far.
http://i.imgur.com/aFt7pKH.jpg

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
3 weeks ago#58
justme01588 posted...
Someone please tell me how Peter Parker could possibly be killed.

His threat levels in Homecoming were nothing compared to the comics.

Are you not aware that on multiple occasions he faces not only the Vulture but 5 others at once (one of many iterations of The Sinister Six)? There's less logic there if you think about it, instead of nitpicking a movie that's more about him growing up and learning how to use his abilities than whether or not he can die!

User Info: The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin
3 weeks ago#59
In the Ultimate comics, Peter Parker took a bullet from a sniper rifle to save Captain America, then went on to continue fighting the Green Goblin with a leaking, bleeding gut to a stand still until he finally died of exhaustion.

In what-if universes, he's been blasted throuh the heart by Sentinels, had his neck or back broken in the Spider-verse (a comic series that just has.....like...infinite Spider-man deaths in it) and a perfect clone of Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) was impaled by the Goblin Glider and died.

Spider-man can die, but blunt force trauma doesn't really cut it, most of the time.

In Spider-man 1, he took a grenade to the face, got thrown from hundreds of feet up and tossed through a window and into brick walls.

In Spider-man 2, he fell multiple times from above the skyscraper line and landed flat on his back onto ventilation or a back alley or a f***ing MOVING SUBWAY TRAIN.

In Spider-man 3, Sandman grew to the size of a building, Venom held him down and Sandman was literally slamming his hands down on him with such force that it was causing the entire city to shake.

Spider-man is f***ing durable. Period.
""GREEN GOBLIN""
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived