What does the future hold for the DCEU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What does the future hold for the DCEU?

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
3 weeks ago#21
Treat Batman like James Bond. New actor every few films, bring one out every 3-4 years but just have it as a stand alone film with a new villain and plot (plenty of cool bad guys in Bat comics).

Stop trying to copy MCU shared universe stuff and just cash in on your best character imo.

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
3 weeks ago#22
Idk if Batfleck is even their best character. He was the weakest character in Justice League imo.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
3 weeks ago#23
BilalPowell posted...
Idk if Batfleck is even their best character. He was the weakest character in Justice League imo.

I agree on that, but Batman as a character is popular as hell and there are lots of stories they could do. Im happy to see Batfleck walk tbh he seems bored witht the character already.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
3 weeks ago#24
Bobsy84 posted...
BilalPowell posted...

I agree on that, but Batman as a character is popular as hell and there are lots of stories they could do. Im happy to see Batfleck walk tbh he seems bored witht the character already.

I don't think he's bored, I think he's just well aware that the DCEU is a sinking ship and he doesn't want to be associated with it. Ben Affleck is a huge comic fan and is probably more invested with the fans than the other actors. The other actors probably just see DCEU as their chance at making some Avenger money but Ben sees it from a fan's perspective. Batman's the role of a life time so to bail on it is a pretty big move and shows that he has no faith in the DCEU.
tripledoublehelix 3 weeks ago#25
y3kman posted...
tripledoublehelix posted...
The more I watch DC movies the more I realize they should stick to cartoons, because the animated stuff actually follows the formula that the live action stuff should be going with.

We need more DC animated movies like The Killing Joke, right?

Better than DCEU
The perfect job for your skill set is King of Spain.
tripledoublehelix 3 weeks ago#26
rawkuss posted...
tripledoublehelix posted...
metroidman92 posted...
CaptainKO posted...
metroidman92 posted...
lilORANG posted...
Bring Wonder Woman into the MCU

Get Nolan back for another Batman movie.

Forget about everyone else.

Disney could afford it, and DC could probably use the money.

And yes, bring Nolan back. He's the best thing to happen to live-action Batman in the last 15 years.

Not going to happen. Please take your mouth off the nolan's ****. You and every other Nolan fanboy.

Not my fault that DC was at it's best when it wasn't trying to compete with Marvel. And let's face it, DC will never be on Marvel's level.

I do have to agree. WB should have never tried to one-up MCU by making convoluted, wanna-be-sophisticated films when they should have kept it simple and realize that comic book movies are made for a simple audience. The average moviegoer wants to see jokes and spectacle; basic entertainment. The more I watch DC movies the more I realize they should stick to cartoons, because the animated stuff actually follows the formula that the live action stuff should be going with.

Sophisticated? lol.... MARTHAAAAAAAAA

There are plenty of themes played out in DCEU that would be thought provoking if done correctly (they just weren’t):

- backlash against an omnipotent figure, hero or not
- what the government might do to try to control/contain superpowered beings (in this case a theme actually shared with an MCU movie)
- superheroes as religious figures
- is there a responsibility to share your powers with the world? (MoS and WW)
- what it means to be a leader
- Batman in BvS as an extreme metaphor for police brutality
- Ethical use of science (JL)

The trouble isn’t that nobody goes to comic book movies to think about these issues. Meanwhile MCU understands that these themes get in the way of the superhero movie experience and for the most part leaves this s*** out.
The perfect job for your skill set is King of Spain.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What does the future hold for the DCEU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived