Guess people complaining about new SW films playing it safe will shut up now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Guess people complaining about new SW films playing it safe will shut up now

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
1 month ago#21
Their is a balance though, to much the same and its stale, to out their and it does not even feel like what you like in the first place. Verdict is out on if Last Jedi is like that.

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
1 month ago#22
Vitrescent posted...
I'm just commenting on the fact that nothing will please people on the internet. They try to make a film that pays homage to the OT and they get flak for not being original. They make a film that is different and risk taking and people crap on it for not resembling SW anymore.

Again, what the f*** is your point?

Yes, the people who complained about TFA playing it too safe will likely be pleased with TLJ if it takes risks, and yes, other people will complain about TLJ if it takes risks and fails.

You actually can please people on the internet, you can even please everyone on the internet, you just can't please everyone at the same time. Plenty of people will be happy with TLJ, plenty won't.

Of course, it's also true that something can go too far in one direction and then too far in the other direction. Someone who thinks TFA awakens was too safe and TLJ took too many risks isn't necessarily being a hypocrite.

Anyway, your argument basically boils down to: people will complain.

And you're not really saying anything else, so... you're just whining.

You're whining that not everyone will be satisfied with TLJ.

Welcome to reality. You apparently haven't been here long.
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: Vitrescent

Vitrescent
1 month ago#23
Necronmon posted...
Their is a balance though, to much the same and its stale, to out their and it does not even feel like what you like in the first place. Verdict is out on if Last Jedi is like that.

Some people will then say how a balanced film pleases no one. It's uneven.
3DS FC (name: Eric) and Nintendo ID:2535-4004-3746
PSN: AntooPS

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
1 month ago#24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJaouGmyhI
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
1 month ago#25
*doesnt read anything*

well the only star wars haters are internet trolls, so
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: WalterBlue

WalterBlue
1 month ago#26
karlaemeterio posted...
Luke dies in a pathetic way all for the sake of feminism.

So yeah, the "new direction" is pathetic.

God damn it. Accidentally highlighted over this. -.-
Anaheim Ducks: 13-11-7 |
These holes three are not for thee.

User Info: Bizzack

Bizzack
1 month ago#27
acolytes posted...
I haven't read any of the spoilers and refuse to, but all this talk only makes me more and more interested in the movie.

"At times, I'd say to Rian, 'We gotta think of what the audience wants,'" Hamill said. "And he'd say, 'No, we've gotta think of what we want.' Which is a learning process for me."

I like this quote a lot. Sometimes it's not about giving in to what you know the audience would want, but about creating something that you believe in. You can't just make movies fan service machines.

This has been happening at Marvel comics for five years. Pick up America Chavez and try it. Bold new directions are not always good.
3DS FC: 2878-9698-0133

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
1 month ago#28
Vitrescent posted...
Necronmon posted...

Some people will then say how a balanced film pleases no one. It's uneven.

Good. f*** everyone, myself included.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#29
Nope now they are complaining that they took too many changes and it's not star wars anymore.
No sig.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 month ago#30
I mean, if the leaks from earlier this year were true it was obvious it wasn't going to be Star Wars any longer and be more of a generic fantasy series trying to be smart.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 40 months and counting!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Guess people complaining about new SW films playing it safe will shut up now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived