Are you excited for story mode?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Are you excited for story mode?

User Info: LazorGuns

LazorGuns
1 month ago#1
Does the promise of an epic story about the Tale of Souls and Swords excite you? - Results (48 votes)
Yes
75% (36 votes)
No
25% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since we're going back to SCI times and getting a retelling of the original Soulcalibur, which only told of events we never got to see, along with the possibility of more stories and an alternate continuity, I was wondering how others thought of this. Project Soul said the story for SCVI is epic, and I hope they're right about it.

I'm more excited about the prospect of this game's story than SCV for several reasons:

1. The focus will be on classic characters we know and love, not Patroklos.

2. Since the game is being allowed to finish, that means we'll likely get a longer story mode with full cutscenes as opposed to the storyboards we got in SCV.

3. After having read about the lore for a long time, I'm so glad we'll finally get to actually see what happens. I'm sure this will be a great way to introduce the series to newcomers as well.

So what about you guys, are you looking forward to seeing the story of Soulcalibur VI?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 month ago#2
Kinda, I'm excited for more SC story. But Namco aren't exactly the best story tellers.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
1 month ago#3
I won't be too upset if the story is rubbish. It's a fighting game so I'm not expecting much. Someone will probably unwillfully end up fighting in an arena at some point and someone else will have to fight a rival who keeps hounding them for revenge or something. You know how it goes.

User Info: Jin_Hazama

Jin_Hazama
1 month ago#4
I don't have a lot of trust in Bamco's story-telling abilities. And I tend to see story modes as something that I'll play once and never go back to. So I hope they won't spend too many resources on it instead of spending time on characters, stages, the netcode, or modes with replay value.

They could still tell a great story without a lot of resources, though. (In the case of Tekken 7, I felt the climax was bombastic rather than truly emotionally involving.)

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
1 month ago#5
Don’t care about story mode.
I would rather we go a few years back and have character endings over a single story mode but either works for me.
I’ll play the s*** out of this game online regardless of story mode.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: OldestSeal

OldestSeal
1 month ago#6
Don't care much. I would rather Weapon Master/Chronicle mode. I liked those for the cool stuff I unlocked and it was super cool. The story itself I don't really care for a whole lot. It's fighting game and eh. As long as I can unlock cool thing I will be fine.

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 month ago#7
Gameplay, roster, CaS > story.

Story modes can be good fun. But, they are a lower priority. If the story sucks, but the gameplay is solid, I can still have a lot of fun. If gameplay is lackluster, but the story is grand, how fun is that? I'd rather read a book.

LazorGuns
1 month ago#8
bnmp posted...
Gameplay, roster, CaS > story.

Story modes can be good fun. But, they are a lower priority. If the story sucks, but the gameplay is solid, I can still have a lot of fun. If gameplay is lackluster, but the story is grand, how fun is that? I'd rather read a book.

You act like having a story will somehow make the gameplay bad for some reason.

User Info: AirRoar

AirRoar
1 month ago#9
Yes I am excited over the story. My concern is if they decide to use a cinematic approach to the story.

I prefer just choosing my character and fighting through the entire story getting their ending, and then repeating the story with a different character. I hate being forced to use a specific character just because story reasons.

I thought the choose your own adventure style of story telling in SC3 was absolute genius.
2018 hasn't even started yet.....and my wallet is already hurting.

LazorGuns
1 month ago#10
AirRoar posted...
Yes I am excited over the story. My concern is if they decide to use a cinematic approach to the story.

I prefer just choosing my character and fighting through the entire story getting their ending, and then repeating the story with a different character. I hate being forced to use a specific character just because story reasons.

I thought the choose your own adventure style of story telling in SC3 was absolute genius.

Why? That's kinda outdated, because you know what canonically happens until the next game and it's left to websites to tell you what happened. It's not nearly as big of a payoff. I'd rather have a streamlined story that tells me everything than a separate arcade story that tells me nothing. Besides, MK/Injustice show we can have both, so why not?
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Are you excited for story mode?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived