don't want guests? WAKE UP CALL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. don't want guests? WAKE UP CALL

User Info: Itennu

Itennu
4 weeks ago#1
guys, listen. soulcalibur almost died.

hello??? soulcalibur ALMOST DIED. you want there to be more soulcalibur? great, me too. but you gotta realize it's not going to happen if this game doesn't meet or break sales expectations. game development is a business, that's a fact, yknow??

guest characters are needed. without it, soulcalibur can only pull the audience of... soulcalibur. maybe a handful of people who weren't interested before. you may not like it, you may not want them, but guest characters will be what makes or breaks soulcalibur vi.

for maximum profit, they have no choice but to appeal to the mainstream. they slapped link, spawn and heihachi on the covers of soulcalibur ii in '03 and the games exploded into popularity, obliterating the sales of the previous game by a margin so wide the incredible f***ing hulk couldn't jump across it. they were so far in the black they needed a telescope to see the red. no soulcalibur title has sold as well before or since. gamers were picking up soulcalibur ii by the hundreds of thousands to play as these icons without knowing a single other thing about the series, and the rest was history.

the solution is obvious: console exclusive characters once again. link, kratos, and whoever for xbox i mean who cares even... throw dovahkiin in there lol f*** it

and i know nintendo would never go for it, but allowing each console to have the other exclusives as DLC would light the gaming world on fire. link on a sony or microsoft console has never been done and would cause heads to actually explode.

but yeah. you want soulcalibur to be a thing after this game? you better turn your attitude around regarding guests because they're the only reason soulcalibur continues to be a thing.
~ i t e n n u ~
~ don't ask, just touch me ~

User Info: KrOjah

KrOjah
4 weeks ago#2
Oh no if they bring guests it will kill the lore. And as everyone knows fighting game lore is rich, full of depth, highly developed and taken seriously at all times. I mean I only played games like Virtua Fighter for da epic story.

User Info: Kantipx

Kantipx
4 weeks ago#3
I guess you got a point. I did only get into the series because I am a huuuge Zelda fan and Link was in SC2. That's actually how I got started in fighting games in general. Now of course, I love the series with or without guest characters but for newcomers, they can be a good pull. Who know though. Maybe things have changed and the series will need more than a guest to get a larger following. Just gotta wait till release I suppose.
PSN- at0misk-

User Info: KrOjah

KrOjah
4 weeks ago#4
Kantipx posted...
I guess you got a point. I did only get into the series because I am a huuuge Zelda fan and Link was in SC2. That's actually how I got started in fighting games in general. Now of course, I love the series with or without guest characters but for newcomers, they can be a good pull. Who know though. Maybe things have changed and the series will need more than a guest to get a larger following. Just gotta wait till release I suppose.

oh he has a point all right. I mean read the last sentence in the OP. The "only" reason Soul caliber continues is due to guest characters. If fact, a game can not sell thesedays unless it has characters from other games introduced.

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
4 weeks ago#5
TC's preaching so much truth I'm about to call him Heimskr.

User Info: tntpenguin

tntpenguin
4 weeks ago#6
OK cool but I still don't want them. That said, they'll be in. So it doesn't matter if I want them in or not. Doesn't mean I won't still voice it lol
PSN GunPowderPenguin

User Info: mammyMinaji

mammyMinaji
4 weeks ago#7
Itennu posted...
but yeah. you want soulcalibur to be a thing after this game? you better turn your attitude around regarding guests because they're the only reason soulcalibur continues to be a thing.

Yeah, I don't think so.

But anyways, who's against guest characters in SoulCalibur? It has been a thing for years and titles straight. SoulCalibur's quite well-known for that. I can understand being against guests in certain fighting series, but regarding SoulCalibur? lol It should be no surprise if another one comes. Should be used to the this sort of thing by now.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
4 weeks ago#8
KrOjah posted...
Kantipx posted...

oh he has a point all right. I mean read the last sentence in the OP. The "only" reason Soul caliber continues is due to guest characters. If fact, a game can not sell thesedays unless it has characters from other games introduced.

More like games can't reach record breaking sales unless they have guest characters from mainstream series shoehorned in.
But your explanation isn't too far off the mark either
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: PlayableRidley

PlayableRidley
4 weeks ago#9
I'd like to have one, maybe two guest characters. Enough to get people interested but not so much that they take over the game.

Like, if you look at Soulcalibur 4, it only added 5 new movesets and 3 of them were guest characters that haven't been seen since. That was a mistake.

User Info: UberSchnitzel

UberSchnitzel
4 weeks ago#10
tntpenguin posted...
OK cool but I still don't want them. That said, they'll be in. So it doesn't matter if I want them in or not. Doesn't mean I won't still voice it lol
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. don't want guests? WAKE UP CALL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived